totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

New 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HARLEY-DAVIDSON REVEALS ALL-NEW PLATFORM TO INSPIRE THE NEXT GENERATION OF GLOBAL RIDERS; BIKES COMING IN 2014
The Street 750 and Street 500 Feature New Liquid-Cooled Revolution X Engines and Dark Custom Styling

MILAN (Nov. 4, 2013)) – Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG) is continuing its monumental ride, which began with the introduction of Project RUSHMORE in August, by revealing two new Dark Custom™ motorcycles designed for young urban riders around the world.

The Harley-Davidson Street™ 750 and Street™ 500 motorcycles – the first all-new platform from Harley-Davidson in 13 years – are built for urban environments with all-new liquid-cooled Revolution X™ powertrains, nimble agility and the sound and look that lets everyone know they are genuine Harley-Davidson.

“These are the newest motorcycles to join our Dark Custom lineup, which helped make us the number-one selling brand to young adults in the U.S. for the past five years,” said Matt Levatich, President and Chief Operating Officer, Harley-Davidson Motor Company. “Both the Street 750 and Street 500 were designed with thousands of hours of input from young adults in cities around the world. This input guided both the attitude and capabilities of these motorcycles. They are proof that being customer-led continues to be a core driver of our product development process.”

Urban, Authentic Harley-Davidson
The Street 750 and Street 500 from Harley-Davidson are built for an urban environment. Each motorcycle features the new Revolution X engine, designed to match the demands of stop-and-go traffic with nimble agility, while delivering instant throttle response to escape city gridlock.

The Revolution X engine will be housed in a new, narrow and lean chassis built for agility, with a super-low seat height, new suspension and broad handlebar sweep that provides confidence and maneuverability when managing tight turns and fast moves. Both signature Dark Custom motorcycles feature a premium, minimalist style that serves as a blank canvas for riders to customize.

“These new bikes are leaner, yet still have a mean streak – they’re the real deal, made of real steel.” said Mark-Hans Richer, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Harley-Davidson Motor Company. “They’re designed to handle the abuses of urban environments and provide authentic opportunities to customize.”

The Harley-Davidson Street™ 750 and Street™ 500 will be rolling into dealerships in select markets starting in 2014

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

Re: New 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500

#2 Unread post by BobK »

It looks good to me.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I'm so glad Harley-Davidson brought these out. I've been harping on them for years after their Buell lined ended to offer something in the small cc range, but since 2008 the 883's started disappearing. I believe today is the day it all changes for Harley-Davidson, you'll see more new riders coming into the brand that are younger or returning or just want something other than a 700lb bike. Heck, I'd have considered the Street 750 myself if it was available last year.

Well done Harley-Davidson!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

It's about damn time. I expect the 500 and 750 to become very, very strong sellers.

Now all I'm waiting for is to see what they've done to the Road Glide when it returns next year. Fingers crossed, hoping for a bored out V-Rod motor.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Chip Beazley
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 57
My Motorcycle: 2014 H-D FLHTP, 2012 Suzuki C50T

#5 Unread post by Chip Beazley »

Hi Gummi,

I do not believe that you are going your wish and get the bored out VRod motor. I have seen a couple of the new Ultra Classics that have the 103ci water head motor. With a quick glimpse you can't tell that the motor is water cooled. If you look closely you can see the well disguised plumbing and the radiators are hidden in the lower shields. They did a good job of hiding the fact that the motor has liquid cooling. The one owner I talked with said that it is a whole lot more pleasant to ride in heavy traffic because it didn't roast his cajonies.
Chip

2014 H-D FLHTP Police
2012 Suzuki C50T

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#6 Unread post by Gummiente »

Chip Beazley wrote:I do not believe that you are going your wish and get the bored out VRod motor.
But I can still wish for it. :wink: I saw the new "showerhead" at the dealer a few weeks ago and, yes, they did a very good job of hiding the cooling system. I had wondered how the airflow exited from the back of the rad and saw that they've molded in a discreet vent into the top outside edge of the lower fairing, allowing the hot air to be drawn out by the wind. Very slick design, but I wonder if there's a way to make the vent directional so that it could direct the hot air onto the rider's legs instead during cooler weather?

The word on the Road Glide forums is that the 15 RG will be totally revamped and come with a new motor that will not be the same as the '14 showerheads. Given that the RG Ultra already has the lower fairings, it would have been too easy to drop the showerhead motor into it, so the fact that they've left the RG out of the lineup for a year while they retool it suggests to many (myself included) that the '15 will be a totally new direction for Harley.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

From the Street 500 Cool Wall page: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=48393&start=20
blues2cruise wrote:I got an email from the HD dealer....those 2 new bikes won't be available here until 2015.

That's too bad.....they'll miss out on a lot of potential sales. Maybe they aren't in production yet.
Oh, that's interesting as the press release I got said "Early 2014" hmmm, I'm off to the Harley-Dealer then that I know really well to ask about the inside information on this. :D

CSI: Total Motorcycle :kicking:

(insert 007 music here)

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

After visiting a Harley-Davidson dealership this week I received the following inside information on the new 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500:

1. The 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500 models will be arriving in February to March 2014, but only for their Riders Edge training courses as they retire out their Bull Blast! 500's around the country. The riding course Blast! 500's are being scrapped and not sold off, even to employees.

2. There will be "no" 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500's available in 2014 to the public, at all. Harley-Davidson will instead be releasing the 2015 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500 to the public around June 2013. (I suspect the 2014's run will be just to fill all the Rider's Edge course bikes).

3. The seat heights of the 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500 are 24.5"

4. There is no official word on the inner workings of the new Revolution X engine at this time.

5. Harley-Davidson will be "leaking out" more information on the Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500 slowly to build up the hype.

6. Speculation is that the 883 Sportster will be discontinued.

7. No one knows why the XR1200X wasn't re-released as a Street 1200 as the XR1200 fits perfectly into the Street lineup.

** If you repost this information on other sites or forums, please credit: www.totalmotorcycle.com -Thank you. :D

Mike

Chip Beazley
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 57
My Motorcycle: 2014 H-D FLHTP, 2012 Suzuki C50T

#9 Unread post by Chip Beazley »

The 3 dealerships that I stop at while I am riding around all claim that they are going to get the 500 and 750s around the March/April 2014 time frame.

Response to Gummi: You are correct and I haven't been able to pry any info on the RG from my sources. I'll hold out and hope with you on a expanded VRod motor. Having owned a VRod, I'll tell you that you will have to get used to operating at a normal range of 1000 to 1500 rpm higher than you are used to...but when you wick it up hang on.
Chip

2014 H-D FLHTP Police
2012 Suzuki C50T