Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Motorcycle run in beautiful weather gives boost to local Toy

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Motorcycle run in beautiful weather gives boost to local Toys for Tots drive
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - By Diane Wilkins, Marion Daily Republican - mariondaily.com

MARION — Saturday was a beautiful day for a motorcycle ride and nearly 70 passengers, many with riders, turned out for the Toys For Tots motorcycle run.

Participants arrived at Campbell’s Harley-Davidson to start the short ride that benefitted children in the Southern Illinois area.

“I am originally from West Frankfort and have known Phil Campbell since 1978,” said Grand Marshall, LtCol. Michael Birchfield. “So when he asked me if I wanted to be a part of this there was no question in mind.”

The admission fee for the ride was one new toy which will be distributed by the Toys For Tots organization in this area.

“Everything we collect here is distributed here,” Cliff Ripley, spokesman for the Marine Corps League said. “We were able to give toys to over 3,900 children last year and we hope to do even more this year.”

This was the first motorcycle run for Toys For Tots that Campbell had sponsored.

“I am already looking to do this again next year,” Campbell said. “We will plan for it the same weekend next year.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.