totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Cycle show rolls into town - 17 manufacturers will show off

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Cycle show rolls into town - 17 manufacturers will show off their latest models this weekend.
Monday, December 11, 2006 - By Tomio Geron, Staff writer - Press Telegram. - presstelegram.com

LONG BEACH - Speed, power and most of all, style, are the focus at the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show this weekend at the Long Beach Convention Center.

The show, being held today and Sunday, features more than 600 models and 17 manufacturers showing the newest street bikes, dirt bikes, cruisers and all-terrain vehicles.

"Anything with two wheels and a motor under one roof is here," said Robert Pandya, show spokesperson. "People will have access to the most knowledgable experts. That's not something that happens at the dealer."

Highlights of the show include the world's fastest motorcycle, a $250,000 gold-plated cruiser and a stunt show.

The 3000CC Bub Streamliner, which looks like a 20-foot long red fish, broke a world record at 350 miles per hour on Sept. 5.

"My biggest thing is keeping it on track," said Chris Carr, the driver who piloted the machine at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. "People ask me what it's like to go that fast. I don't know. I didn't have time to think."

If you prefer high-end to high-speed, the Nehmesis, a $250,000 custom-built Star chopper is on display. The bike includes $20,000 of gold plating, no kickstand, full air suspension and the largest rear motorcycle tire ever built. When you're driving that kind of hardware, you don't just park it on the street.

"When I go somewhere, I stay there, I don't park it," said Sam Nehme, who built it. "Besides, everyone wants to talk about it anyway."

The bike will be featured on the Metric Revolution Motorcycle Build Off on ESPN2 in March.

Show attendees can also demo the newest bikes during daylight hours, weather permitting. This is a rare chance, since many dealers do not allow demos, Pandya said.

A major attraction will also be the large Sony-sponsored trailer with the newly released PlayStation 3 for attendees to try out.

To demo, you must be a licensed motorcyclist and have a helmet.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.