Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HOPKINS AND SUZUKI ON BSB FRONT ROW

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#HOPKINS AND #SUZUKI ON BSB FRONT ROW

Samsung Crescent Racing's John Hopkins has qualified his GSX-R1000 Suzuki on the front row for the 10th round of the 2011 British Superbike Championship at Donington Park as team-mate Jon Kirkham qualified in sixth for a second-row start.

In his first ride back after injuring his fingers at the Czech MotoGP round, Hopkins ran top-two through practice, went fastest in first qualifying before settling for P3 for a front-row start tomorrow. Kirkham has also enjoyed a strong start to the weekend, and after finishing practice fifth fastest, took P6 for a second-row start in tomorrow's first race.

John Hopkins:

"This has been a great return. I'm very happy with my bike and while my third finger - which the doctors took the pins from on Tuesday morning - needs icing after each ride, it's not causing me issues on the bike. I could have pushed harder today in final qualifying but the real action must be saved for tomorrow. But starting from P3 is good enough.

"Qualifying is just one aspect of the weekend; we've also been working very hard on our race set-up and I'm confident we've got the package to do the job tomorrow. Adrenaline will deal with any niggles my third finger might want to bring, so for me it's not an issue. And don't be confused; this was just the warm up. The fight comes tomorrow."

Jon Kirkham:

"I'm stoked. Okay front row would be better, but I ran into a slight issue with tyres halfway through qualifying and that meant I ran a part-worn for Q3, so couldn't do the times I wanted. But second row - and in good company - I can work it from there. It's terrific to be at the pointy-end again; since Brands Hatch it's been getting better and better. I'm really looking forward to two very strong races tomorrow."

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"I couldn't be happier. Hopper is back and he's right on the money, but as well, our second rider 'JK' is bang in there as well. Practice and qualifying have gone very well; we've had a few small hiccups, like Jon slipping off in third practice, but nothing's stood in the way of progress. Both riders have qualified well and feel confident in their race set-ups - just what the doctor ordered.

"This is a great circuit and our riders - and the whole team I think - are responding to that, we've got a buzz and expectation of doing a proper job tomorrow as this amazing Showdown phase gets underway. Hopper's said he'll race for the win and he means it; he's a straight talker. I think we can anticipate some cracking racing!"

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship
Qualifying:

1 Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 1m: 28.869s
2 Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +0.389s
3 John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.780
4 Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) +1.305s
5 Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +1.504s
6 Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing) +1.519s
7 Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +1.570s
8 Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +1.605s
9 Graeme Gowland (WFR Honda) +1.673s
10 James Ellison (Sorrymate.com Honda) +1.777s
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Re: HOPKINS AND SUZUKI ON BSB FRONT ROW

#2 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Hopper won both races and his team-mate, John Kirham was on the podium in race 2 ... so very good news for his prospect of returning to MotoGP or even doing WSBK.

unfortunate for his competitors, Shakey Byrnes and Michael Laverty though... good pic...
http://www.britishsuperbike.com/news/la ... llide.aspx
and Shakey got back up to finish 8th!
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)