Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ARMINAS JASIKONIS BLOG

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#ARMINAS @JASIKONIS #BLOG

Team Suzuki Press Office – July 28.

Arminas Jasikonis had been racing the German ADAC championship when he caught the eye of Team Suzuki World MXGP General Manager Stefan Everts, looking for a replacement rider for the injured Ben Townley. Here, the Lithuanian tells his story, from the time his MX career began to his first weeks with the Suzuki factory team.

I started motocross when I was just four years old; actually I got a bike for my birthday that year. The first ride was not such a good one, I was scared of the bike, but after a couple of weeks I was going crazy for it and I just wanted to ride. At that time, I still had training wheels so I could not fall over and of course all I did was ride my bike. It had always been my dad’s dream to race motocross, but we were not a rich family and it was not working for him. So after some time, he made some money and got me a small bike. In 2001, I rode my first race when I was just five years old.

When I was 12, I made the move to Estonia, where I was living and training with Avo Leok. I went to school there for a year to learn Russian, but I always wanted to become a pro motocross rider. So I entered the 85cc European Championship. It was a good first season for me. Unfortunately, at the end of it I broke my leg. However, I still managed to finish third overall that year. Then after two more years of training in Estonia, we moved to Belgium.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.