Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Tough Day in the Office for Team HRC

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Tough Day in the Office for Team $HRC

The MXGP of the Czech Republic turned out to be a tough affair for Team HRC’s Evgeny Bobryshev and Gautier Paulin, and although there were glimmers of promise and performance, the results didn’t come.

Gautier Paulin, Evgeny BobryshevzoomGautier Paulin, Evgeny Bobryshev Gautier PaulinzoomGautier Paulin
In the morning’s warm-up, Paulin came out fighting and was immediately fastest, and he translated this to the start of the first race with the holeshot and leading the opening laps. However, his race was blighted by two small crashes, and Bobby similarly suffered from ninth when he stalled and dropped him a handful of positions.

In race two, the pair were running fifth and sixth from the start and things were looking like shaping up well, but first Bobby suffered a small crash and then Gautier reported damage to his goggles which drastically reduced his visibility.

All of this was made trickier by the weather which once again was changeable and brought about rain by midday. This changed the condition of the track which was already slippery and bumpy and made it even more unforgiving.

Team HRC will get straight back to it this coming weekend when MXGP travels to Belgium and to the deep sand of Lommel for round 14, and the second of this back-to-back-to-back triple.

Evgeny BobryshevzoomEvgeny Bobryshev
Honda Comments
Evgeny Bobryshev:
Race Result: 12th, 7th Championship position: 5th“The weekend wasn’t so consistent as I normally do, and I just had too many crashes. First of all I had really bad starts. In the first race I crashed from seventh place and went down to 15th and lost so much ground so it was difficult to come back. Finishing twelfth was disappointing, but then for the second race we made some adjustments which really helped me. I was riding very comfortably and was up to fifth, but unfortunately I touched the rear wheel of Gautier and crashed. I came back strong and passed five riders to seventh but I this track is not so easy and I was pushing hard so I lost some energy towards the end. I was happy with the setup and riding in the second race, but the starts were what really made my races difficult today.”Gautier Paulin:
Race Result: 10th, 12th Championship position: 14th“After yesterday we made a lot of changes for today which in the warm-up were really good and I had good speed to finish fastest. In the first moto I had a good start with the holeshot, but I wasn’t feeling confident with the front end and I washed two times the front and crashed. Since a long time I haven’t had two crashes in a race so it was really bad. In the second moto we again made some changes and with another good start the feeling was good. I wasn’t fast enough for the top three, but I think my place was top five. But when Romain passed me I took a stone on my goggles and it popped all the laminate out just as it started raining. It’s so stony here there was no chance I was going to take the goggles off, so this really finished my moto. It’s not been a good weekend for me but we continue to work hard and focus now on Lommel next weekend.”Roger Harvey: HRC General Manager - MXGP“I’d like to start by congratulating Tim today on his smart approach to what were two very difficult races. Ok he had a small crash in race two, but when coming back from that and in race one, he pushed until he absolutely found the limit attacked Max Nagl, but then decided sensibly to settle for second, maintaining his 100 percent podium record and extending his championship lead. From a Team HRC perspective, it was a difficult weekend that was something of an uphill battle from the start, and when this track was so unforgiving, it wasn’t the weekend to be starting on the back foot.”
Tim GajserzoomTim Gajser Tim GajserzoomTim Gajser

Gajser Continues Perfect Podium Record to Extend Championship Lead

Tim Gajser delivered two measured and smart races today to finish second overall at the MXGP of Czech Republic, with a pair of second places in the two motos.

The day was a battle between Gajser and Max Nagl, as the two led the field in both races. In race one, Nagl took the early lead but Gajser was in hot pursuit, as the two were separated by barely one second for most of the race. After an all-out assault for the lead in the closing laps, Gajser sensibly played the long game and settled for second and 22 championship points.

In race two, the order was reversed as Gajser took the holeshot and sped to a five second lead, he and Nagl trading fastest laps. As rain fell during the race, the track conditions changed and, five laps from the end, GT243 made a small mistake and crashed, allowing Nagl past. Remounting and giving chase, Gajser cut the gap to just one second, but again after pushing so hard in the tricky conditions, decided to settle for another healthy haul of 22 points.

With five rounds remaining, Gajser now sits 109 points clear of second-placed Antonio Cairoli, who in turn is 16 points ahead of third-placed Nagl.

The day did not go to plan however for Jorge Zaragoza, who on the second lap of the opening race crashed from ninth position on a fast downhill double, landing on the bike of Pauls Jonass who had crashed from the head of the pack. In the impact he dislocated his right shoulder and was immediately taken to hospital with an additional suspected fracture. Fortunately the arm is not fractured and so the shoulder was repositioned, and Jorge will immediately return to Spain. He will miss the MXGP of Belgium next week, where a further update on his condition will be provided.

Honda Comments
Tim Gajser:
Race Result: 2nd/2nd Championship position: 1st“It’s not been a bad weekend here. I’m a bit disappointed not to take the win because until the end of the second race we had done enough to have taken the overall, but still we take a lot of important points which is good. In the second race I took the holeshot which was great so I’m really happy with the starts this weekend, and also the riding, but just five minutes to go I made a small mistake and was on the ground. Max passed me and I was trying to catch him back but started making more mistakes so I decided to settle for second place. The track today was really bumpy and sketchy, and the rain in the second race made it even harder. It really didn’t allow you to make a mistake and you had to respect it a lot, and maybe I was pushing too hard. But still I’m happy enough because we stood on the podium again.”Giacomo Gariboldi: Team Principal“Tim rode two very smart races today. It’s a shame for the crash in race two, but it just shows how tricky the track was here, especially with the rain that changed conditions during the day. Any little mistake you paid for – it was very unforgiving. Max was so strong today and Tim pushed hard and rode well, but ultimately he was sensible to settle for second and ensure good points. It’s a big shame for Jorge the injury today, but we're pleased that nothing is broken. He’ll now have more scans in Spain and start his recovery process, but we won’t know how quick that will be until he has more information from checks in Spain.”

2016 FIM MXGP / MX2 World Motocross Championship
Round 01: Loket – Czech Republic

MXGP - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Nagl, Maximilian(Husqvarna)
2 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
3 Febvre, Romain(Yamaha)
4 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
5 Desalle, Clement(Kawasaki)
6 Coldenhoff, Glenn(KTM)
10 Paulin, Gautier(Honda)
12 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
21 Lupino, Alessandro(Honda)
30 Graulus, Damon(Honda)
31 Bertuzzo, Pier Filippo(Honda)

MXGP - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Nagl, Maximilian(Husqvarna)
2 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
3 Febvre, Romain(Yamaha)
4 Desalle, Clement(Kawasaki)
5 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
6 Tixier, Jordi(Kawasaki)
7 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
12 Paulin, Gautier(Honda)
20 Lupino, Alessandro(Honda)
22 Graulus, Damon(Honda)
28 Bertuzzo, Pier Filippo(Honda)

MX2 - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Ferrandis, Dylan(Kawasaki)
2 Anstie, Max(Husqvarna)
3 Seewer, Jeremy(Suzuki)
4 Paturel, Benoit(Yamaha)
5 Bogers, Brian(KTM)
6 Petrov, Petar(Kawasaki)
13 Cervellin, Michele(Honda)
20 Jacobi, Henry(Honda)
24 Tropepe, Giuseppe(Honda)
36 Zaragoza, Jorge(Honda)

MX2 - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Ferrandis, Dylan(Kawasaki)
2 Seewer, Jeremy(Suzuki)
3 Anstie, Max(Husqvarna)
4 Covington, Thomas(Husqvarna)
5 Paturel, Benoit(Yamaha)
6 Bernardini, Samuele(TM)
15 Jacobi, Henry(Honda)
16 Cervellin, Michele(Honda)
18 Tropepe, Giuseppe(Honda)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.