Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BARRY SHEENE LIVERY FOR BENNETTS SUZUKI

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BARRY @SHEENE #LIVERY FOR @BENNETTS $SUZUKI

Team Suzuki Press Office – August 3.

The Bennetts Suzuki team has unveiled a special livery for this weekend’s MCE British Superbike round at Brands Hatch, which celebrates the 40th anniversary of Barry Sheene’s maiden world title.

Inspired by the famous livery of Sheene’s XR14 Suzuki, which he rode to world championship glory in 1976, the team’s GSX-R1000s will run in the famous Heron Suzuki colours at a circuit that Sheene himself enjoyed great success at. The weekend at Brands Hatch also marks 40 years since Sheene won the last international Hutch 100 race, which raced anticlockwise around the Brands Hatch circuit.

Barry Sheene’s 1976 and 1977 world championship-winning bikes will also be on display over the course of the weekend.

Bennetts Suzuki Team Owner Martin Halsall said: “Like so many, Barry Sheene was a hero of mine and the reason I got into bike racing. I remember trusting after Suzukis through the glass of the dealership in Bolton when I was younger, and I was really keen to come up with a way of doing something special this year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his first world title. Having been such a fan, and having watched the bikes race in those colours in the ‘70s, it’s going to be really special to make this happen and see our bikes race in the same iconic livery.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.