ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING’S ZACH OSBORNE SCORES MILESTONE VICTORY AT BUDDS CREEK!

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING’S ZACH OSBORNE SCORES MILESTONE VICTORY AT BUDDS CREEK!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#ROCKSTAR ENERGY $HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING’S ZACH @OSBORNE SCORES MILESTONE VICTORY AT #BUDDSCREEK!
DAVALOS FINISHES 16TH

It was a day for the record books for the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team at the penultimate round of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship at Budds Creek Raceway in Mechanicsville, MD. Zach Osborne used 4-1 moto scores aboard his Husqvarna FC 250 to claim the overall victory in front of the talent-stacked field of 250cc racers. The win marked the first career overall victory for Osborne. Martin Davalos continues to run at the front and show great speed as the season winds down.
The day started off in the right direction for Zach and his team as he posted very competitive lap times in qualifying practice and headed to moto 1 in the 4th position - his best lap within a second of the fastest lap of the day. He was just inside the top 10 in moto 1 lap 1 and began to tear through the field making quick to finish in the 4th position. Moto 2 saw Zach with a much better start that left him in the top 5 and, after some great passes, was into the 3rd position by the end of lap 1. He then found his flow and set his sights on the leaders, moving into 2nd on lap 6 and then into the lead at the completion of lap 8 after making a spectacular pass on the leader. His pass into the lead would bring his hometown fans to their feet. They encouraged Zach the entire race as he went on to claim the moto win and the overall victory on the day.
“My weekend was good because I won,” said Osborne. “The first moto was great, but I got hot around nine laps in and felt like I didn’t have a lot of spunk in me at that point. I made a couple attacks but nothing ever worked out. I made an early pass in the second moto and just knew I had to keep attacking. There was only one really fast line. I took the lead and didn’t look back, pulled away and won.”
Martin Davalos quickly got his day heading in the right direction by relying on his Husqvarna FC 250 to get him off to a good start just inside the top 10 in moto 1. Martin battled his way to 6th before a small mistake dropped him to 9th on lap 12. He dug deep and passed back into 8th late in the race before making another mistake on the last lap that would force him to settle for 9th at races end. Moto 2 saw Martin rip another great start inside the top 5, but an unfortunate incident mid moto dropped him far back, forcing him to charge from the back until the checkered flag fell where he finished 22nd. He ended up 16th overall on the day.
“I was really excited about Budds Creek,” said Davalos. “I did Des Nations here and had the Husky launch here last year so I’ve got great memories. I like this track. I had a decent first moto - I love that it’s hot. I was pumped with everything - my shoulder is getting better. I just had a little incident in the second moto and I had to go into the mechanic’s area so I lost some time. I did my best but could only get back to 20th. I’m looking forward to finishing this season up healthy."
Budds Creek MX Results:
250 Class:
1. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
2. Alex Martin
3. Austin Forkner

16. Martin Davalos - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
250 Class Rider Point Standings:
1. Cooper Webb – 457 points
2. Alex Martin – 384 points
3. Joey Savatgy – 361 points
4. Austin Forkner – 331 points
5. Jeremy Martin - 321 points
6. Aaron Plessinger – 313 points
7. Zach Osborne – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 296 points
8. Adam Cianciarulo – 235 points
9. Mitchell Oldenburg – 215 points
10. Arnaud Tonus – 213 points

12. Martin Davalos – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 180 points
450 Class:
1. Ken Roczen
2. Justin Barcia
3. Marvin Musquin
450 Class Rider Point Standings:
1. Ken Roczen – 534 points
2. Eli Tomac – 458 points
3. Marvin Musquin – 365 points
4. Justin Barcia – 316 points
5. Christophe Pourcel – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 217 points
6. Benny Bloss –204 points
7. Phil Nicoletti – 201 points
8. Andrew Short – 189 points
9. Justin Brayton – 173 points
10. Broc Tickle – 171 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.