Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Round 12 Britain Track Report

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Round 12 #Britain #Track Report

What was the strategy for the Silverstone Grand Prix?

Again we had unstable weather during the weekend, so tire choice was very difficult, especially for Marc. He had no time to test the hard front tire during practice, so to be safe, he chose the soft front for the race. The strategy was not to push too much at the beginning to save the tires and he did a good job that allowed him to fight for the second position until the end. Dani had front and rear softs, so his strategy was also to manage the tires as much as possible.

Positive and negative points after the race?

The positive is that Marc has lost only three points in the Championship and that Dani was able to keep a strong pace all through the race. The negative is that Marc lost a podium place in the last laps. It is also positive to see Cal competitive again after his first MotoGP win at Brno two weeks ago! Also, very important is that Honda lead the Constructors’ World Championship after winning three of the last five races, which I think is a great achievement for everyone at Honda!

The view from pit wall during the race?

I think all the fans that had the opportunity to watch the race on TV were very excited about the great battles for the podium, just as we were on the pit wall! Our congratulation to Maverick, who did a great job today, but we were also very happy to see not only Marc but also Cal and Dani competitive, showing that the RCV is growing and that our HRC technicians are doing a good job.

The inside story, apart from the official comments?

It was a special weekend for HRC because Toni Bou won his 20th Trial World Championship and Tim Gajser won his first MXGP Title. We would like to congratulate the riders and their teams for these great results!

After the 12 races we have had seven winners. Why do you think this has happened?

For sure this season is something special! It is good for the fans to see so many different winners and I believe that it is mainly related to three things: the unstable weather, the fact that we have a new tire supplier and the competitiveness of several manufacturers. The weather has been difficult many times this season, and the flag-to-flag races always give more chances to riders who choose the best strategy. For the tires, Michelin is doing a great job, but clearly riders and teams have no experience of the tires from previous seasons. This means it is easier to make a mistake or indeed to make the correct tire choice, which can give riders an advantage or a disadvantage depending on the situation. The third reason I believe is that Ducati and Suzuki are now more competitive than in recent seasons. This is maybe related to the new single-software regulations. Anyway, overall, I think this is one of the most exciting MotoGP championships I’ve ever seen!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.