WorldSSP 2016 Jacobsen storms to second place in French Round Superpole Round 10 – France

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WorldSSP 2016 Jacobsen storms to second place in French Round Superpole Round 10 – France

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#WorldSSP 2016 @Jacobsen storms to second place in French Round #Superpole Round 10 – #France
Circuit Nevers Magny-Cours, France

PJ Jacobsen has secured a front-row start for the tenth-round of the FIM Supersport World Championship at Magny-Cours by finishing second in today’s Superpole 2. The Honda WorldSSP rider put up a great fight with series leader Kenan Sofuoglu throughout the whole session and stayed on top until the very last second, while showing great speed on the drying French asphalt.
The 23-year-old American first had to fight his way through Superpole 1 and, as soon as the second session got underway, he immediately tried to dictate the pace on board his Honda CBR600RR machine. Jacobsen kept bouncing back to the top, with his final 1’55.786s lap-time being only 0.325s shy of what would have been his second consecutive pole position.
The tenth World Supersport race of the season will get underway tomorrow at 11:20 local time (GMT +2).

Patrick Jacobsen 2
2nd / 1'55.786
Things went much better than yesterday and I'm glad we could qualify on the front row of the grid; it's definitely a relief. I knew things would have been much better in the wet and in the end I was just unlucky not to get pole, because Kenan (Sofuoglu) pipped me on the last lap for the very front of the grid. I'm really happy to be up there again and looking forward to tomorrow. It appears it'll be sunny, so we need to make the most of the limited time we have in warm-up and then work hard during the race.
- Honda WorldSSP

Pieter Breddels
Technical Manager
Today’s rain has definitely turned things around, and this morning we were already near the top at the end of free practice. We made some small changes and PJ showed some good speed in both superpole sessions. Too bad he couldn’t get on pole, because it would have been an even a bigger boost for him. But he did an incredible job. Now we have to focus on tomorrow, trying to find a better pace in the dry, because it seems the weather will be good tomorrow. We already had a plan for today had it been dry, so we’ll stick to it during warm up and see what happens.
- Honda WorldSSP
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.