Van der Mark Takes Fifth in Closing Race of French Round While Hayden is Ninth at the Flag

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Van der Mark Takes Fifth in Closing Race of French Round While Hayden is Ninth at the Flag

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#VanderMark Takes Fifth in Closing Race of French Round While @Hayden is Ninth at the Flag

The Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours today witnessed the second race of the World Superbike French Round, with Honda WorldSBK Team’s Michael van der Mark and Nicky Hayden claiming fifth and ninth places on board their Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP machines.

Michael van der MarkzoomMichael van der Mark Michael van der MarkzoomMichael van der Mark
Van der Mark spent the majority of his race fighting for fourth place with Leon Camier, who overtook him on lap 12. The Dutch rider did all he could not to lose touch but, after one last effort to bridge the gap to the tall Englishman, the 2014 World Supersport Champion crossed the finish line in fifth position, a result that allows him further to consolidate his fourth place in the Championship standings.

Hayden got a good start to the race and was running fifth, but he suddenly found himself in eighth place following an overtaking maneuver by Leon Camier at the tricky Adelaide hairpin. After dropping down to ninth, the American rider got up to speed again and managed to recover one place. As the race entered its final stretch, the ‘Kentucky Kid’ could not hold his position and once again slipped back to ninth place.

The penultimate round of the 2016 FIM Superbike World Championship will be contested at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ in two weekends.

Honda Rider Comments
Michael van der Mark (Honda World Superbike Team)
Race result: 2nd/5th “The settings we tried in warm up didn’t really work out so we used the ones from FP2, the only long session I had this weekend. My start and first lap were great; I had a consistent pace, just a little bit slower than I’d hoped. When I got in front of Camier I tried to pull away but it was not possible and, when he passed me, I simply couldn’t stay with him. In the end, fifth is not a bad result. We scored some more important points and now we have a solid fourth place in the Championship in our hands. Hopefully, in two weeks’ time at Jerez we will be able to challenge for honors again.”Nicky Hayden (Honda World Superbike Team)
Race result: DNF/9th“It hasn’t been the smoothest of weekends for us. I got a good start but lost some places at turn four, which I wasn’t able to get back. I had a little problem with engine braking and towards the end I picked up some vibration that hurt me in the battle for sixth, but the reality is that I got behind on Friday morning; also it would have been nice to do some laps in the dry yesterday in race one, but that didn’t happen. In the end, it was a combination of things and I was never able to catch up. If I really want to find a positive, today I set my fastest laps of the weekend, but that’s clearly not enough. It’s never nice to end the weekend with this feeling, but it is what it is. Now it’s time to look forward to Jerez, a track I really like.”Pieter Breddels - Technical Manager“This morning, we tried some changes to the bike setup with Michael but ultimately we decided to go back to the settings we found on Friday afternoon. Having missed the whole free practice 1 session really took its toll today, because there was only very little we could try before the race. Michael did a very good start and rode a great race, so fifth overall is a good result, especially if we look at the standings. Nicky also had a good start but he was pushed off-line at the beginning. He rode as hard as he could, but unfortunately his feeling with the bike wasn’t perfect. Friday was not an easy day for him and with how the weather was yesterday, he didn’t have enough time in the dry to improve. Now it’s time to look forward to Jerez, a track where we have tested already and that should suit our bike very well.”
Nicky HaydenzoomNicky Hayden Nicky HaydenzoomNicky Hayden
Early End to WorldSSP Race for Jacobsen at Magny-Cours

The Honda WorldSSP Team has come out empty handed from the French Round of the FIM Supersport World Championship, as PJ Jacobsen crashed out at turn 7 during the opening lap of the WorldSSP race at Magny-Cours. Despite the efforts, the 23-year-old American could not jump back on board his Honda CBR600RR and, therefore, was forced to an early retirement.

After qualifying in second place yesterday, Jacobsen was fifth at the end of this morning’s warm up, showing some signs of improvement on dry track. As the race got underway, Jacobsen got an OK start from the front although, before the crash occurred at the Nürburgring, he had already lost some positions.

The penultimate round of the 2016 FIM Supersport World Championship takes place at Spain’s ‘Circuito de Jerez’ in a fortnight’s time.

Honda Rider Comments
Patrick Jacobsen (Honda World Supersport Team)
Race result: DNF“I knew it would be difficult today in the dry, but I wasn’t expecting this outcome at all. Losing the front on the opening lap is never good and that’s the last thing we needed. We need to figure out what the problem is with our performance in the dry because I haven’t been anywhere near where I’d like to be in these conditions. I can’t wait to be back at Jerez, which along with Misano is my favorite race track on the calendar.”Pieter Breddels - Technical Manager “There’s really not much to say, because our race was a really short one. PJ didn’t have the best of starts but more importantly, he got boxed in a little bit and ended up at the back of a four-way pack. Then, he simply lost the bike at the chicane while changing direction. An unfortunate end to a difficult weekend, but we need to keep our heads down and work hard for the next race.”
Patrick JacobsenzoomPatrick Jacobsen

World Superbike and World Supersport 2016
Round 11: Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours – France

Superbike Race 1

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati)
2 Michael van der Mark (Honda World Superbike Team)
3 Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team)
4 Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team)
5 Lorenzo Savadori (IodaRacing Team)
6 Matthieu Lagrive (Pedercini Racing)
7 Leon Camier (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
8 Xavi Fores (Barni Racing Team)
9 Sylvain Guintoli (Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team)
10 Alex De Angelis (IodaRacing Team)
11 Alex Lowes (Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team)
12 Joshua Brookes (Milwaukee BMW)
13 Román Ramos (Team GoEleven)
14 Jordi Torres (Althea BMW Racing Team)
15 Luca Scassa (VFT Racing)

Superbike Race 2

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati)
2 Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team)
3 Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team)
4 Leon Camier (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
5 Michael van der Mark (Honda World Superbike Team)
6 Lorenzo Savadori (IodaRacing Team)
7 Jordi Torres (Althea BMW Racing Team)
8 Sylvain Guintoli (Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team)
9 Nicky Hayden (Honda World Superbike Team)
10 Xavi Fores (Barni Racing Team)
11 Joshua Brookes (Milwaukee BMW)
12 Markus Reiterberger (Althea BMW Racing Team)
13 Román Ramos (Team GoEleven)
14 Alex De Angelis (IodaRacing Team)
15 Matthieu Lagrive (Pedercini Racing)

Supersport

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Jules Cluzel (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
2 Niki Tuuli (Kallio Racing)
3 Ayrton Badovini (Gemar Balloons - Team Lorini)
4 Axel Bassani (San Carlo Team Italia)
5 Randy Krummenacher (Kawasaki Puccetti Racing)
6 Federico Caricasulo (Bardahl Evan Bros. Honda Racing)
7 Kyle Smith (CIA Landlord Insurance Honda)
8 Ilya Mikhalchik (DS Junior Team)
9 Lorenzo Zanetti (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
10 Zulfahmi Khairuddin (Orelac Racing VerdNatura)
11 Kyle Ryde (Ranieri Med - SC Racing)
12 Hannes Soomer (Kallio Racing)
13 Ondrej Jezek (Team GoEleven)
14 Xavier Pinsach (Gemar Balloons - Team Lorini)
15 Luke Stapleford (Profile Racing)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.