Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Nick Burson is the Champion

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Nick @Burson is the Champion

Purvines/Beta team racer Nick Burson wrapped up the West Hare Scrambles Championship with one round to spare this past weekend at round seven of the series held near El Centro, California. Burson rode to a conservative third place finish to secure the title aboard his Beta 480 RR.

Burson describes his race, "When the flag dropped I got a great start but with a crazy long straight away, the whole pack was going back and forth. Once we hit trail I was 3rd but quickly pushed back to 4th. We hit the sand dunes pretty quickly and I took it super easy in the deep sand to not push my bike past its limits. I made the pass back for 3rd in the rocks and then when we hit the fast stuff again I lost the spot to 4th. After two laps I came in to get goggles and gas and my wife told me I was 2.5 minutes up on Bonita (Bonita is second in the points). After that I really put it in cruise control and just tried to enjoy what I've worked so hard for. The course was brutal and the heat wasn't helping so I took it easy the rest of the way. At some point the leader broke and I was back in 3rd. It was a pretty uneventful day as I cruised it in for 3rd overall and took home the championship! I am super excited to finally put a whole series together and bring home the championship!"

Nick Burson tackles one of the rocky downhills in the El Centro heat. (photo by Kato)

The Purvines team was elated, "We cannot be more proud of the effort that Nick & the entire team has put in over the past year, we are very thankful to all our sponsors for helpings us get here." Team manager Collin Woolsey comments.

The Purvines team celebrates with Burson on his Championship. (photo by Kato)

Burson's teammate Damon Bush finished solid in 8th for the day while Axel Pearson had a rare DNF.

Damon Bush finished 8th aboard his 480 RR. (photo by Kato)

The Beta factory team was also very busy racing across the country. The EnduroX team of Max Gerston, Kyle Redmond, Morgan Tanke, and Ty Cullins all had a great weekend at round five of the Endurocross series held in Denver, Colorado. Max Gerston had his best race of the season finishing 3rd while teammates Kyle Redmond and Ty Cullins ended the night in 5th and 13th respectively.

The "Cowboy" from Arizona started the race with a 7th place start then passed a couple riders on the next three laps until passing his teammate Redmond on lap nine to finish the night on the podium.

Max Gerston shares the podium with Cody Webb and Colton Haaker. (photo by endurocross.com)

Gerston had this to say, "The Denver Endurocross went well for me. The track was technical but also good for racing. My 350 RR suited the track well and I was able to come away with my first podium of the year. I have been working hard and it feels good to finally ride how I know I can ride. I battled with my teammate Kyle for some time, then was able to move forward and claim the 3rd position. I had fun and I can't wait to train hard the next few weeks and lay it down in Everett."

Factory Beta woman racer Morgan Tanke finished the women's race in second for the third straight time. Tanke races her factory Beta Xtrainer and continues to gain speed at each race and now sits second in the points only 11 points behind the leader making the championship still within her reach as there are three more rounds to go.

"I got off to a great start putting me in 2nd and was feeling good on the first few obstacles of the track. As I was negotiating the rock turn, my front end washed out putting me on the ground on the first lap. I recovered quickly and worked my way back up to 2nd only to make the same mistake on the last lap. I was able to get up without losing any positions and finished strong." Tanke comments.

The Beta GNCC team was busy at Round 12 of the GNCC National Championship held in St. Clairsville, Ohio. The event saw rain a few days leading up to the race which made for decent conditions on Sunday.

Team XC2 racer Nick Davis finished 4th aboard his Zack Huberty-prepped Beta 250 two stroke. Davis was 6th after lap one and began to pick off riders each lap finishing seconds behind second and third place.

Davis Comments, "I got off to another great start on my Beta and was in the hunt all day for a podium. I felt great in a very slippery and rough track. I made a few mistakes that cost me but all and all I am very happy with the huge progress me and the factory Beta team are gaining in a very short time. Couldn't be happier."

Nick Davis flies across the famous mud pit in route to a strong finish (photo by Ken Hill)

French legend and Beta USA guest rider Johnny Aubert raced the XC1 class aboard his Beta 300 RR. The former ISDE winner was still adjusting to the GNCC three hour format and was running 8th until a crash injured his shoulder.

For more information about Beta motorcycles, go to www.betausa.com

Sincerely,
Your Beta Crew
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.