totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WorldSSP 2016 Jacobsen starts off on the right foot in Qatar Round 12 – Qatar

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#WorldSSP 2016 @Jacobsen starts off on the right foot in @Qatar Round 12 – Qatar
Losail International Circuit, Qatar

The last round of the 2016 FIM Supersport World Championship began today under the floodlights of the Losail International Circuit in Qatar, with Honda WorldSSP Team’s PJ Jacobsen able to secure fourth place in the combined times of the first two free practice sessions. Therefore, the 23-year-old American rider has qualified directly to tomorrow’s Superpole 2, which will get underway at 18:55 local time (GMT +3).
After finishing second in the first free practice session, Jacobsen worked hard with his crew to further improve the set-up of his Honda CBR600RR for the 5.38 km long Qatari circuit; it was not until the final ten minutes of FP2, though, that the New York native was able to improve on his FP1 lap-time to a final 2’02.918s, which temporarily elevated him to the top of the timesheets.

Patrick Jacobsen 2
4th / 2'02.918
Things went really good today. We could have been even further up this afternoon, but we decided to try a different tyre that unfortunately didn’t give me the right feeling. We are definitely going back to what we know works well and I’m pretty sure we can put up a good fight in Superpole. Lately I’ve always been much further back at the end of day one, so this is definitely a good sign ahead of tomorrow. Usually this is not my favourite track, but I must say that I had a lot of fun today.
- Honda WorldSSP

Pieter Breddels
Technical Manager
It was overall a good day for PJ. We tried a different approach to the two sessions: we made only few small changes to the setup and focused mainly on doing as many laps as possible. In the end it worked out really well: he improved massively, in the morning and especially in the afternoon. Everybody is really close, but some of our rivals appear to be quick only on the single lap. There is still room for improvement, so we are really confident.
- Honda WorldSSP
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.