Is there a gun expert in here????? :D

dieziege
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#11 Unread post by dieziege »

Clips are chargers...aids for loading several rounds into a magazine at once.

E.g. stripper clips, which are little strips of metal formed to hold the rim of five or so cartridges (a magazine load). You put the clip into a slot in the receiver above the magazine (in the case of a fixed magazine) or the magazine itself and push down on the top cartridge and all the rounds slip into the magazine. You then toss (or pocket) the clip.

Check this:
http://www.surplusrifle.com/pistolc96br ... ations.asp
Ride it like you think owning it matters.

CORSCO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by CORSCO »

Ahhhhh...motorcycles and guns. Now if we can only talk about guitars!

I've got a 9mm Beretta and a Mosseburg 500 pistol-grip for home defense. I thought about getting my concealed license permit but am scared to carry a gun with me. I carry a HUGE knife in my car in case something unfortunate should arise. I hate to say I have had to produce it twice. Luckily I didn't bring a knife to a gun fight!
CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE REGULARLY!!!

ClearDark
Rookie
Rookie

#13 Unread post by ClearDark »

You shouldnt be afraid to carry a gun.

My primary carry gun (with my permit, of course) is a H&K USPc .45 with the LEM trigger. No manual safety. You just pull and go. So no external safties anywhere. My secondary / summer carry is the Glock 19 in 9mm. Once again, no manual safety, the trigger is the safety in a way. Pull and go. Always carry with a round loaded in the chamber, or else the pistol is just a paperweight. I was intimidated at first about carry with a live round, but all you need is a good holster to protect the trigger guard, and really, the real safety is between the ears.

To answer a question about "charging" I think you mean bullets? Basically, a brass, steel, or aluminum casing has a primer in the center of the bottom of the casing. The primer acts as a spark to ignite the smokeless gun powder (what the guns firing pin strikes). The powder inside the casing exploded, and is contained inside the casing. The bullet is then propelled forward, and starts to spin, aided by the rifling of the barrel (remember the beginning of the james bond movies, remember the swirls? thats the barrels rifling, it creates the bullet to spin, thus providing stability). Because the bullet/gun powder behind it is trapped within the barrels chamber, the pressure from that action causes the bullet to move so fast. I hope this makes sense...it cant get much simpler.

bloody_angel
Rookie
Rookie

#14 Unread post by bloody_angel »

Im sure this is a lot to take in, but if you have any other questions I have many answers.
What about that mercury charge thing???? You have any idea???? I don't :rant: lol
Ya'll are scaring me.
Must be because of the idea of a girl loving guns :laughing: .... Never mind, that's normal in your country. Just weird in Vietnam :2guns:
I'll take my own protection into my own hands
I agree with that :rockon: and always try to be tough enough to protect my own family (Too much for a girl, maybe :wallbash: That's what I hate about being a girl :wallbash: hahaha). My mom doesn't like that idea and keeps complaining :rant: :"why can't you just be a girly girl and do what girls do." :crybaby:
I dont really care for the 5.56/.223 round as much as I do the 7.62x51/.308 (M14), but they are fun plinkers,
:jawdrop: :confused: :mrgreen:

Okay, I just don't know how to thank you guys .... Except saying Thank you so much hehehe

bloody_angel
Rookie
Rookie

#15 Unread post by bloody_angel »

CORSCO wrote:Ahhhhh...motorcycles and guns. Now if we can only talk about guitars!
Can we talk about drums instead????? :band: haha :laughing:

Apitoxin
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by Apitoxin »

Any suggestions for 9mm handguns? If my brother gets shipped to Iraq, he'll need a 9mm if he doesn't want to carry his M16 around off duty.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#17 Unread post by NorthernPete »

arnt they just issued though?
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

ClearDark
Rookie
Rookie

#18 Unread post by ClearDark »

Your brother will be issued the Beretta M9 9mm (92FS) as a standard issue carry. They are required to carry the M9, but exceptions have been made. However, I have no idea how he would find the loophole to carry a different gun. The Beretta M9 has proven its worth, he should be okay with it.

my77stang
Rookie
Rookie

#19 Unread post by my77stang »

not to sound like a pig of a man, but wow girl your are smokin hot :smoke:

<~ proud owner of an ar-15, mossburg 12 gauge, ruger 10/22, and weatherby .22 - i wanna get a H&K .45 when money permits (aka never)
[url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/][img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d37c7edc13.gif[/img][/url]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#20 Unread post by VermilionX »

hehe... not expert on all of them but i do know how to use them. they're not just for show.

my bike GSX-R750 K6

my gun Kimber Eclipse Target II .45 ACP

my sword custom made shinken (this is a real high quality katana)

my guitar
Gibson Blueshawk

Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer