Anybody else feeling old?

niterider
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by niterider »

I am 52 and I feel old when 60 degree weather is about the coldest I can stand to ride in because my joints go to hurting.
1993 750 Vulcan
one seater
ear shave, pod filters
rear turn signal relocation
lowered rear 2" soft tail
converted to manuel cam chain tensioner
horn relocation

oldnslo
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model1983 Yamaha Seca 900

#42 Unread post by oldnslo »

I often feel old because I am....I will be 65 in November. I avoid riding in the rain and freezing temperatures will keep me indoors these days. I no longer believe in masochism as part of the riding experience. All you whiners have much to look forward to. :)
John
"83 XJ900RK

IT'S ABOUT OIL, MONEY, AND POWER, ALL OF THE TIME.

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#43 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

Looking into pension plans.... I'm only 25 :?
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

rdeviney
Regular
Regular

#44 Unread post by rdeviney »

55 and retiring at the end of June. Will be a grandpa this August. My body has been betraying me for years, but at least I now know what I'm going to do when I grow up: volunteer work. My daughter and son-in-law are buying a little cottage in Tacoma, so I'll be spending July doing some remodeling before they move in. Then I'll be heading to Mississippi to help rebuild homes, from September through December. After the holidays, I'm going down to an orphanage in Baja, Mexico to help with the macadamia nut harvest and any construction work they want done. Looking forward to the next phase of my life. Bob

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#45 Unread post by 9000white »

[ All you whiners have much to look forward to. :)[/quote]

i dont whine i snivel. :help:
dr bob

xsyamahadg
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 55
My Motorcycle: 2007 1100 V-Star Silverado

#46 Unread post by xsyamahadg »

Lets see, I have the DVD, Onstar, cel phone, VCR, home p/c, T.V. None of which do I know all the functions, but the 10 year old neighbor kid does. Now that hurts ! It sucks to be a geezer.
1981 Yamaha XS650H
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado
1979 Honda PA 50
1970 Rupp mini
Stop in and visit my web site sometime:
http://rideohiomc1.proboards.com

hot_shoe_cv
Elite
Elite

#47 Unread post by hot_shoe_cv »

All (and I do mean all) you kids are making me laugh. In August I'll be 82 and still on the gas! And a little gas of my own too. I didn't start riding competion unti I was in my 50's. Something wrong with my timing...my timing not the bike's :cry:
02 1500 Mean Streak
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a111/hot_shoe_cv/allaccessories.jpg

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#48 Unread post by High_Side »

liablemtl wrote:Almost over night, I lost the desire to play drums in a punk rock band. Oh... and I'm 36.
Well you did great by outlasting me by nine years. I played in a band from 15 - 27 y.o. and I really got to despise it by the end. Drunks are annoying when you aren't one of them, second hand smoke sucks and after a while every place we played felt like they were out to screw us on one thing or another. Once you start to feel that you can no longer get anything back from the crowd....it's time.
As for feeling old, it happens at work when you evolve from being a hell raiser at work in to management. I feel as though I am on the fast track to getting old...... :laughing:

liablemtl
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 29
My Motorcycle: 2002 Yamaha FZ1

#49 Unread post by liablemtl »

Loonette wrote:
I didn't realize... I figured that you just weren't talking about your gigs lately. Folks think that only the rich and famous suffer under the stress of being in the entertainment field, but it's a rough road for anyone. And when you're in a band that has to travel a lot, and you're not making celebrity pay, the stress, I'm sure, can be a lot to handle. Glad to hear that you've made peace with your decision and that this is something you view in a positive way. Your family must appreciate it too.

Cheers,
Loonette
You know... I haven't actually asked what they think. :laughing:

It was such a natural progression for me to leave... one day I'm completely stressed out and hating practicing, the next I'm telling the guys to find a drummer to cover my spot for the tour in '05 because I don't have the funds to do it, then I break my arm right before they leave on tour and I tell the guys I'll be out until the arm heals. Then suddenly we're back playing and just as quickly we're taking a break while our bass player has knee surgery. Then he gets back and I say I'm not going on tour this year either...

And they've recorded a new CD with another drummer and are playing shows with him... and I'm ok with that. Sure... it's a little odd to think I'm putting behind me the last 5 years of playing (with this band), but I'm a lot less stressed out these days. Perhaps I'll actually have the energy to finish my degree in the next year as opposed to taking the next two years to do it. 8)

Not to mention... it's nice being home 5-6 of the 7 nights a week now.
We're the first ones to starve
We're the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie in the sky
But we're always the last
When the gravy's shared out
For the worker is working when the fat cat's about

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#50 Unread post by jmillheiser »

Im starting to feel a little old at 27 when people seem to assume I have children (for the record I dont have any kids). No gray hair yet though my hairline has creeped back a little.

Still feels like yesterday when I met my wife for the first time (I was 22 when we met)