The political argument thread....

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male

The political argument thread....

#1 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

The soap box just didn't seem right without some form of olitical argument going on here....

So how about them handguns :twisted:
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

bennettoid
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by bennettoid »

Yeah, yeah. Straight to the Bush bashing.

Had to start it right back up, didn't ya?
'94 vulcan 750

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#3 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

Someone was gonna, just thought I'd try to encapsulate it all in a single thread this time... BTW God Bless Gordan Brown, he's just saved me the best part of a grand, by raising the limits for stamp duty :thumbsup:

Of course I'll have to pay it all back in beer tax, unless I switch to spirits :drool: or cider :1eye:
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#4 Unread post by Kal »

Dont get me started, I just got back from an Fathers 4 Justice meeting...
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

MASHBY
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2012 Harley ElectraGlide

#5 Unread post by MASHBY »

I am very pro gun im afraid.Coming from the UK when it is very difficult to own any gun legaly.There is still a lot a gun related crime.So it doesnt matter what you do Criminals can always get hold of a firearm.So why not let all people have them and use for home protection,Target shooting or collecting.Just my $0.2
Four Wheels Good Two Wheels Better

oldnslo
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model1983 Yamaha Seca 900

#6 Unread post by oldnslo »

I would like a case of hand grenades.
John
"83 XJ900RK

IT'S ABOUT OIL, MONEY, AND POWER, ALL OF THE TIME.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I think Canada has a good system for gun control for civilians. You can really only buy non-automatic rifles and shotguns here. Handguns are only allowed by special permit and cannot be carried on your person.

I'm pro-gun, but I do not agree with the NRA on how many different types and styles of handguns, rifles and shotguns are "OK". Sure, buy a 12 gauge, but you don't really need a 10 gauge automatic or a full combat assult rifle do you?

I've never owned a gun, but thanks to the Canadian Armed Forces I've shot a few. Just not very good at hitting anything is all.. :(

Although I do have a FAC (Firearms Acquision Certificate) for my 150lb crossbow.

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by 9000white »

i think automatic weapons are more useful for self protection --then you can rely on the spray and pray method instead of pinpoint accuracy.
dr bob

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#9 Unread post by Kal »

Thats the big problem with them though, and shotguns loads too.

You've got no idea where the rounds will end up... Not soooo bad in the case of Shotguns - a reasonbly solid wall helps out there but 5.56n rounds will punch through a...

Hang on... this is a wind up and I just fell for it, no?...

</grumble> :oops:
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

rwp
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by rwp »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I think Canada has a good system for gun control for civilians. You can really only buy non-automatic rifles and shotguns here. Handguns are only allowed by special permit and cannot be carried on your person.

I'm pro-gun, but I do not agree with the NRA on how many different types and styles of handguns, rifles and shotguns are "OK". Sure, buy a 12 gauge, but you don't really need a 10 gauge automatic or a full combat assult rifle do you?

I've never owned a gun, but thanks to the Canadian Armed Forces I've shot a few. Just not very good at hitting anything is all.. :(
I've got to agree about the Canadian system. You've got to take some firearms training courses and then go through a security investigation to get a permit. Once you've got one, you're free to purchase/own as many guns as you like. There's a bit more additional training to own handguns but it's not that tough. What I really don't like is the requirement to register each gun and the silly semi-auto magazine capacity restrictions.

Years ago I was on a civilian team that beat out a Canadian military team at a match at CFB Shilo. Of course these guys were tankers and not expected to be crack shots. The west german team embarrassed us all though and took the first place trophy that year.
GSX1216F