This is what's passing for my vacation...

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

This is what's passing for my vacation...

#1 Unread post by BuzZz »

Monday, while most of the continent was busy either being sad or pissedoff about 9/11, I had a pretty cool day. Here's why.

As you may know, I am more fond of my dog than I am of most people (present company accepted :wink: ). And on Monday, my little puppy had a whole wack of her own little puppies... :mrgreen:

We knew she was gonna pop soon, but were not really sure when, so we had her doghouse made up to be a decent birthin' berth while we were at work. Lana got sent home about 11 am after she got some crud in her eye at work, and good thing too. When she got home Dixie (momma) already dropped 4 puppies out and was not paying much attention to them, in Lana's view anyways, so she called me at work. More precisely, she had my boss come peeling out into the yard at work where I was running a compressor, yellin' to 'Phone home immediately, it's an emergency!!' :roll:

Well I know Lana's sposed to be at work, and the dog can't work the phone unless she's drunk, so I know something is wierd. Lana works at the hospital, 3 blocks from where I work and we live 35 miles away. If she was hurt, she'd call from there, not home...... Dixie is gonna welp-out soon, but that's no emergency, nobody else at home to call, soooo..... Sonofabitch, somebody must have died! :shock:

Wrong. Lana is freaking out that Dixie is not giving milk and ignoreing these puppies and they are going to die and she doesn't know what to do and cry and bawl and sniff.... sorry to be a sexist pig ladies :oops: but every guy here here knows what I did next..... I went and told my boss I had to go home to 'save these puppies' and calm down my wife.

He is a pretty nice guy, and had no problem with that, even though we both knew things probably were'nt that bad. I had joked when he came out and got me that the call was probably just the dog having pups, har, har, har.... 7 minutes later I'm in the lunch room with everybody sitting next to the boss, telling him this.... :? good thing he's pretty cool, like I said. 8)

So off I go, to the vet convienently located 500 feet from my worksite. That was lucky, eh? I ussually don't have that kinda luck. Wait a second... Chit! I forgot my wallet in my riding jacket, and I was driving the car that day. No money, no card, no nothing. Yep, that's more the way things happen for me. :frusty:

I go in anyways, and tell the nice lady my main problem. My dog is having little dogs and has no milk and no interest in them. The nice lady is interested and trys to be helpful, but she is also just the receptionist, all the vets are gone for lunch. Great. But she's got more of a clue than I do, she and I work out a deal where I get to go home with 2 little jugs of newborn puppy formula with all the stuff they need and a $6 plastic 2oz. bottle with a tiny little nipple, for which I could pay the next day. Groovy! The boss came and got me at 11:55am. It was now 10 after noon. Time to belt on down the hiway home.

I got home and there is now 5 tiny dogs and 1 big mutt in the back of the kitchen.... and the bigger one is coughing out more tiny ones pretty regularly. And that's why she had little interest in them just now. So Dixie spat them out and I cut cords, wiped down and dryed them off. We decided to stop at 9.... Dixie was played out, the pups were hungry and I was wondering how many homes I could find, so we all took a vote and called the game at 9.

And I admit, they are pretty fun to hang with, and the fact I got one sleeping on my arm right now, and it's taken me an hour to type this :lol: , means I'll be around here less for a few weeks. We're starting to pile-on more hours at work, it's getting colder out so gotta squeeze in as much riding as I can, while I can, and puppies are just too cute and cool, means you guys are on your own for a while.... more or less. I'll still be keeping an eye on the stuff I normally do, mostly the garage section and such. But for the most part, yous is on yer own fer a spell. So don't go round wreckin' up the place, eh? :wink:

:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Shiv
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#2 Unread post by Shiv »

Awesome. But that vet clinic needs to re-work its scheduling if all the vets take lunch at once.

By the by, where's the pics?
Have fun on the open /¦\

There's more to this site than just the message board.
www.totalmotorcycle.com

I know, I was surprised too.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

What kind of dogs?

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by KarateChick »

Pics Buzzz, pics....?
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#5 Unread post by storysunfolding »

That sounds like a good time. Let me know if you can't get rid of all the pups. I need an excuse to buy a bike with an enclosed sidecar and take a vacation ride to Canada.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Seca Girl
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by Seca Girl »

:pics:

:lol:
1982 Yamaha XJ650RJ Seca

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#7 Unread post by BuzZz »

Pics? Gee, not sure I got any.... oh, wait a minute... found a few hundred.....

This everybody, more or less... Dixie is a mutt, but with predominately lab genes, and she's white, which is kinda cool (I'm a big fan of hybrid vigor, I've never had a bad mutt, but have had a few purebreds that were slightly 'brittle' in various ways).... The poppa is.... well I came home one day and found a black lab and a chocolate lab had busted into the yard when Dixie was in heat, and I recently learned a dog can have pups from 2 or more sires in the same litter, so....???

Most of the pups are black with a few white markings, but 2 are more brownish, one especially so....

A cross section of the pups. The one in the middle with the white slash on her forhead and white tailtip is by far the most dominant one. She's the loudest and the pushiest, and she always gets a nipple when she wants one. She is also the only one with a name so far. 'Slash'... original, eh?

Dixie is turning out to be a very good mother. She only leaves them for 2-3 minutes at a time, to eat, drink and take a quick trip outside to crap. And she loves outside, but she wants back to those pups asap right now. They eat very well...

They just eat and sleep right now, in shifts, it's pretty funny to watch them swap activities. When it's time to sleep, they sleep hard. They are more than happy to crawl into your neck/armpit/elbow/shirt/whatever and snuggle in for an hour at a time. You can really see the chocolate one in this pic. 8)

Everybody is getting alot of shut-eye these days....

No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Shorts »

Awwww look at the puppies!!!!!!! :) They're so cute!

DH and I were watching a dvd of a vids we took of our dog Chester the day we brought him home...then at random as he grew. Seeing a puppy again made us want to get another.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#9 Unread post by roscowgo »

Cute critters buzz :)

Kim
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Kim »

They are so cute!!
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.