Name Calling on the Forums

Rydr
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Name Calling on the Forums

#1 Unread post by Rydr »

Here I am at the soapbox because a member on here William, made a quote that I feel I need to address. High Side a Moderator had read William’s quote and since it is still on here a day later then I have to follow up. High Side did lock down the topic (thanks High Side) and that is why I chose to address William’s quote in the Soap Box Forum.

I made the following quote;

Rydr Wrote
"I get to rattle your cage, read your corresponding post and then sit back and have a good laugh at your expense. Just jerking your chain or should I say shaft drive.”

Which I admit was a lame attempt at humor as it applied to William discussing the merits of the shaft drive on his Honda ST1300 over that of chain drive motorcycles from an earlier quote.

Then William made the following quote;

William Wrote
“You didn't exactly rattle my chain, all I did is respond to your nonsense. And you laughing isn't exactly at my "expense". It costs me absolutely nothing to post here. There's no expense involved. I don't really care what you think, and what you think doesn't cause me any harm or cost me anything at all”... and then William went on to quote,

“Okay, jerk my shaft. Maybe I'll have an fun and then you can swallow it, I'm sure you are queer and want to...”

Looks like William wants me to join him in a Homosexual act.

No William I’m heterosexual, I like women, always have always will.

And William, I’m not knocking your gay lifestyle, it’s your choice, it’s a free country and since you choose to be a homosexual then I respect that.

I only ask that you respect the fact that I’m straight and not proposition me anymore.

There are probably other forums on the internet that would suit you better in that regard. This is after all a motorcycle forum.

And William, it would be appreciated if you would refrain from name calling in the future. Thank you.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#2 Unread post by storysunfolding »

A thread gets locked to prevent this and so you start another thread allowing you to have the last word?

You want the comment taken down but you qoute it?

Honestly this is just as bad. Let's all just move on
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#3 Unread post by Mintbread »

You start the drama and then have a little cry because of a direct response to your taunts?

Toughen up or shut up.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#4 Unread post by High_Side »

O.K. Ryder: TIme to take accountability for your own actions.
You two followed each other around the forums yesterday both antagonizing one another and messing up a few good threads along the way. I locked one thread down, and mentioned that you should cool it in another and now you are back. It is plain to see the antagonizing actions that you both took in those threads and the evidence in the one that was locked was left intact for just this reason . Now that you are creating yet another thread in an attempt to keep it going I would like to ask you what value you are bringing to the forum by keeping this up? You've proven that you are right in there with the name calling, so why are you argueing that you are any better?
You played a critical part in messing up my Harley thread with this childish garbage and have yet to take any accountability for that. You are not getting a lot of sympathy from my direction at the moment:twisted:

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#5 Unread post by Kal »

Time to take a day too cool off. It's only the internet, get the bike out and thrash it you'll feel much better.

Theres been a lot of debates that have gotten out of hand in the last few weeks, I was discussing it with another member last week and we came to conclusion that bikers get cranky when they can't ride. :wink:
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Shorts »

Kal wrote:Time to take a day too cool off. It's only the internet, get the bike out and thrash it you'll feel much better.

Theres been a lot of debates that have gotten out of hand in the last few weeks, I was discussing it with another member last week and we came to conclusion that bikers get cranky when they can't ride. :wink:
haha....I think so. Everyone is getting cabin fever, including me! Now I keep talking about guns :twisted: