JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

Re: super size

#781 Unread post by JC Viper »

Funderbird wrote:I stopped eating most processed foods after I saw that movie. I don't eat fast food three times a week like I used too...Maybe once or twice a month. That stuff is awful...
Wendy's seems to be getting better in food quality. They use less salt on the fries and also use healthier (supposedly) ingredients for the burgers. When I worked there the food was pretty greasy. Three years later the food has less grease and tastes a bit more... wholesome.

I still cannot give up on eating McDonald's fries despite having watched the movie. As long as I exercise and limit myself to fast food to 4 times (out of 3 meals a day per week) a week at most I'm golden.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#782 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Funderbird wrote:I stopped eating most processed foods after I saw that movie. I don't eat fast food three times a week like I used too...Maybe once or twice a month. That stuff is awful...
I also don't eat very much in the way of processed foods. I try to use lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and only resort to frozen if I happen to have not made it to the market.
I buy very little that has overpackaging per se....I fill up the compost bucket weekly.
By cooking our own meals we can control how much salt or fat we use. I use very little salt. Sure, once in a while I open a can of Campbell's, but mostly I make my own pots of soups, stews and chili.

Aside from being healthier for ourselves, by buying local produce we help local workers and create less pollution with all the packaging and fuel needed for transportation.
Our bodies sure do function better with whole foods.

Funderbird
Veteran
Veteran

#783 Unread post by Funderbird »

Supportive- I think the local markets do help the economy, I try to buy from the local farmers markets when ever I can. Good on you for supporting your local farmars...
2007 Boulevard M50 Limited edition

blues2cruise

#784 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Funderbird wrote:Supportive- I think the local markets do help the economy, I try to buy from the local farmers markets when ever I can. Good on you for supporting your local farmars...
We must.
We have a government that is removing land from the agricultural land reserve and selling it for development. His agenda is to support big business and to privatize everything....including things that should never be privatized especially to foreign interests.
I also believe that by buying from local farmers we show we are not going to put with GMO's. It's getting harder and harder to find pure foods. I think there is a push happening to make companies include whether a food is genetically modified on the label.
Of course the big companies like Monsanto don't want that, but we, the consumer have a right to know.
I have started buying more and more organic foods to be sure.

blues2cruise

#785 Unread post by blues2cruise »

JC Viper wrote:
Wendy's seems to be getting better in food quality. They use less salt on the fries and also use healthier (supposedly) ingredients for the burgers. When I worked there the food was pretty greasy. Three years later the food has less grease and tastes a bit more... wholesome.

I still cannot give up on eating McDonald's fries despite having watched the movie. As long as I exercise and limit myself to fast food to 4 times (out of 3 meals a day per week) a week at most I'm golden.
Aside from exercise, which is extremely important, if you have a small fries a few times a week, and you eat healthy the rest of the time, you won't do much harm.

I'm not a puritan either. Every once in a while I will indulge in some fries, but not at McDonalds. The ones I indulge in are made from fresh potatoes.

blues2cruise

#786 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Today I am going to the lawyer's office to deliver some paperwork and pick up some paperwork.
I wrote a long angry letter. I'm not angry at the lawyer....jusy angry at the situation and the lack of action on the part of the so called authorities involved in my life at the present time.
Well...the letter made the lawyer sit up and take notice. He's making a few calls to get things rolling. I think my letter set off a few alarm bells.
If something doesn't moving very soon, I will send that very same letter to the others.
I hate this being in limbo.
In the meantime, I need to find out what the current trend for resumes are. I haven't had a resume for so long, I almost forget where to start.
I'm going to see if I can find myself another line of work and then get the lawsuit over with and get living again.
Living on disability payments sure does limit what you can do.

I think I'll go make a cup of coffee now. It's organic fair trade.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#787 Unread post by jstark47 »

Mrs. and I went to the local Honda/Yamaha dealer last night and both test rode a CRF230L (dual sport). From talking to folks and reading, we thought we were interested in 200cc class machines. But after riding it..... man that thing was tiny! I think we're going to check out 600cc dual sports before we make any decisions.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#788 Unread post by scan »

Got up, went for a run, and came home and started working. Mid-day I went with Loonette to work on setting up a show we are putting on for a fire department benefit. Came back and worked some more. Went out for a ride on the ZRX to familiarize myself with a couple hospitals we run to that I haven't gone to yet, so when I drive the medic I don't get lost. Came home and now I'm on call for the night.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

blues2cruise

#789 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I got an MRI on my right wrist and hand. I hope it shows something fixable.....
Ever since I fell at the therapist's....my hand has been very sore. I have difficulty doing things sometimes.

I took public transit in rush hour. :shock: It's been a while since I had to travel on the bus at the afternoon rush hour....I'd forgotten how crowded the buses are at that time of day.

batstiva
Regular
Regular

#790 Unread post by batstiva »

Pursued my first love. Checked out a 90 Ford Festiva. Going back tomorrow to talk to the guy.

What's not to like, a bike and a car that both get over 40 mpg. :rocking: :rocking:
1985 Honda 650 Nighthawk

Yeah, probably coulda gone smaller, but, I like it.