What did you do today...

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#2211 Unread post by Johnj »

This morning I woke up around 4:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally gave up and got up around 6:00. I made some coffee and started checking things on the web. BBC, CNN and a couple other forums I visit then I looked at motorcycles on Craigslist. I found a 75' Ducati 860 GT for $600 that was posted last night at 9:28pm. I texted and called every half hour until he answered at 10:30am and the bike was gone. :(

About an hour later, as I was leaving to get some lunch, NKC Auto Trim called to let me know the KZ's seat was ready. I picked up the seat :D ,got the seat installed, then went to Italian Delite.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#2212 Unread post by ceemes »

Got my baby back today.....7 days and no riding...I was in serious withdrawal and snarky to every man, woman, child and dog that crossed my path.......but now I am all sweetness and light...... :mrgreen:
Always ask why.

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#2213 Unread post by Johnj »

Get a backup dude.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#2214 Unread post by Wrider »

Amdonim wrote:Do you have any information about said magnety, clothy thing? It is very relevant to my interests.
I thought it was covered in cloth but I guess I was wrong... Took me an hour of searching to find it! :laughing:
http://www.aerostich.com/yellow-cards.html
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2000 ZG1000

#2215 Unread post by Amdonim »

That is quite probably one of the most useful items I've seen in a long while. I'm getting like 100 of them and just keeping them in my tank bag.

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100

#2216 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Saw the preview for next WoW expansion. This might actually get me to start playing again.

Spent the day at home just relaxing (being lazy).
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2217 Unread post by Amdonim »

Damn, previews already? It's not even been a year yet. I'll probably wait a while even if it is good. Blizzard never prepares properly for launch/patch days.

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#2218 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Amdonim wrote:Damn, previews already? It's not even been a year yet. I'll probably wait a while even if it is good. Blizzard never prepares properly for launch/patch days.
yup. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/

Flying in the old world. Yes, sir. The only thing I don't like about that is that the Explorer achievement is even more worthless. I spent well over 16 hours working on that (didn't have epic flying, though, for Northrend and Outland), and trotting around. Now it'll just be too easy. But as a chronic alt player, I think I can deal. :-)

I dread patch/expansion days - I tend to not play the day of and a day or two after because of the massive traffic and initial bugs. My computer runs like crap enough already. I don't need Blizz's problems, too. (Getting the war bear was awful. I was disconnected in TB a million times. TB!!!)

Did some shopping tonight. On the way home, saw a minivan whose passengers were reaching from within to hold on to a mattress sitting on top of the car.

There were no straps.

/sigh
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2219 Unread post by Amdonim »

I watched the video. It screams "Hi we're Blizzard, and we just don't care anymore. Give us your money." Only 5 more levels, no new zones (just rehash)? The two new races are basically just rehashes of existing mob models. No new classes. I can guarantee there's gonna be a lot of gear model recycling. Honestly it really seems like they just don't care anymore. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#2220 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Amdonim wrote:I watched the video. It screams "Hi we're Blizzard, and we just don't care anymore. Give us your money." Only 5 more levels, no new zones (just rehash)? The two new races are basically just rehashes of existing mob models. No new classes. I can guarantee there's gonna be a lot of gear model recycling. Honestly it really seems like they just don't care anymore. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.
I dunno, I'm kind of excited about it.

Look at the old posts in the forums:

- Why can't we fly in Azeroth?
- Heroics of old dungeons?
- Update the old zones, Blizz.
- Open up Grim Batol.
- Where's Deathwing?

Now it's:

- LOLORE.
- Flying in Azeroth isn't new content.
- Release new content, not update old stuff.

Seems like it's never enough for some people.
Give them what they want, and they'll ask why you didn't give them more.
As far as the levels go, it's probably a much bigger stretch from 80 to 85 than we would think.
I wish they would've added in a new class, but I can live with just a couple of new races. At least it will expand upon their stories, and I love stuff like that.
I'm glad that they're changing up things in the old world enough so that it's no longer just a place to go to for auction house crap and training alts.
The lore does seem off in the storyline, but it's THEIR story - they can direct it wherever they please.
Another thing that I personally like is that the original Azeroth will be gone. New players will never be able to experience the same WoW that we had, and that's kind of cool to me. It shows a real progression of the game, rather than just slapping on a new continent or world every few years, while everything else stays the same.

Maybe you're right - maybe it'll totally suck.
But I'm not going to make a judgment like that until it comes out and I have the chance to play it.

Besides, Blizzard's success is measured by one thing: our wallets. If they keep getting our money month after month, they've succeeded. And while neither of us play month after month consecutively or religiously, there are plenty of people that do.