What did you do today...

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#2321 Unread post by fireguzzi »

So far I have slept late cause all the schools in the county are closed due to some bridges and roads being flooded.
Me and my son are watching most extreme water parks on TV and just chillin.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2000 ZG1000

#2322 Unread post by Amdonim »

I saw something very upsetting today. I went to the computer store to pick up some thermal paste. As I was leaving, two kids came outside. As I sat down, one of the kids turned to me and said "Don't turn it on." All I could think was "What the hell?" Is I put the key in, I saw the two kids run away in terror with their ears covered. Of course when I started my bike, it was very quiet, and they kind of looked at me strange.

tl;dr loud pipes ruin it for everyone.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#2323 Unread post by ofblong »

Amdonim wrote:I saw something very upsetting today. I went to the computer store to pick up some thermal paste. As I was leaving, two kids came outside. As I sat down, one of the kids turned to me and said "Don't turn it on." All I could think was "What the hell?" Is I put the key in, I saw the two kids run away in terror with their ears covered. Of course when I started my bike, it was very quiet, and they kind of looked at me strange.

tl;dr loud pipes ruin it for everyone.
They def dont save lives....

Anywho took my bike to the stealership to have the tires replaced. I couldnt beat the $25 per axle install fee and the fact they got the tires cheaper than I could. Bought the MT66 Pirelli tires. 100/90-19 for the front was like $52 and the 170/80-15 for the rear was like $88. I couldnt find it cheaper than 60 and 105 online. Anywho with tubes and tax's total comes to $235 but I had to leave it there cause they dont have the tires in stock.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2000 ZG1000

#2324 Unread post by Amdonim »

$235 for front and back? I must be getting ripped off, I paid that much for just the back about a month ago.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#2325 Unread post by JC Viper »

Amdonim wrote:$235 for front and back? I must be getting ripped off, I paid that much for just the back about a month ago.
That depends, are they the only quality shop in your area? Getting 2 tires replaced with tubes and right angle valves (gotta specify that for the rear) cost me $148 and the tires cost $120 total and this is in NYC where everything costs more.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#2326 Unread post by jaskc78 »

i stayed out way later than i'm used to last night to be the designated driver for a bunch of friends from work. one of my buddies is getting out of the air force so a big group of us all went out for his going away party.

woke up way earlier than i would have liked to after being awake until almost 3am, so now it feels like i've got sand packed under my eyelids. ugh...why didn't i set up the auto-brew function on my coffee maker last night?
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#2327 Unread post by Johnj »

This morning I got up and took off to Strasburg MO to pick up a brace of BING. Bing Carburetors that is. I found set for $100 on Craigslist.

:mrgreen:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#2328 Unread post by ofblong »

Amdonim wrote:$235 for front and back? I must be getting ripped off, I paid that much for just the back about a month ago.
yup...

Pirelli MT66 100/90-19 front with tube for $52 and $10 for tube
Pirelli MT66 170/80-15 for the rear with tube $88 plus $15 for tube.

With tax and mounting fee of $25/tire came to $235. They sell the tires at a loss hoping you will come in and buy the highly inflated prices on everything else.

For example they had a SHOEI helmet I wanted but they wanted $650 for it even though the sticker price at other places was $514. I ended up finding it elsewhere for $299 :D. I shopped around for the tires I wanted to try and no one could beat paw paw cycles prices not even the internet.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#2329 Unread post by ofblong »

JC Viper wrote:
That depends, are they the only quality shop in your area? Getting 2 tires replaced with tubes and right angle valves (gotta specify that for the rear) cost me $148 and the tires cost $120 total and this is in NYC where everything costs more.
Thats one thing I forgot to ask for thanks for reminding me AFTER the fact lol. all well at least on my rear tire it doesnt have to be right angle :D.

as for shops around me I have about oh 25 or so within a 25-30 minute ride.

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100

#2330 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Took a month break from the site.

Focusing on school, trying to find a new job, filling out more police apps, etc.

Have managed to put riding out of my mind for the most part. Guess I've just been too busy to worry about it. It's been a rough month.
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel