madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Re: What did you do today...

#5271 Unread post by madjak30 »

BRUMBEAR wrote:JACK!!!! great choice best of luck with the SPORT of TOURING!!!!!!!!!
here is a little brain food for ya!!!!
Great turn out!
I never have turnouts like that on my rides...most was 6, usually it's me and one other...so I'm not very keen on big group rides.

I've always been a Buell fan, love the looks of their bikes...now he's gone too super sport for me!

I think this will be my bike for a while, but I do need to get something more dirt friendly...but I'll probably go with a side by side to scare my GF :laughing:

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5272 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I never left my place today. I cleaned and tidied...ironed....cooked...and then had a movie marathon. :D

It rained like it was monsoon season here all flippin' day and night. :rant: :baby:

I have one more day off tomorrow so I hope there is a drying trend. :roll: miracles have been known to happen. :mrgreen:

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#5273 Unread post by madjak30 »

Well, be glad you don't live in Alberta...woke up to snow, again...gone by afternoon, but still...it's May. We still might get more...since we don't consider it spring until after the May long weekend...but I'll be riding that weekend! WOOHOO!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#5274 Unread post by High_Side »

madjak30 wrote:...since we don't consider it spring until after the May long weekend...but I'll be riding that weekend! WOOHOO!!
Going snowmobiling are we? :P 5" of that ugly stuff at my house on Saturday :rant:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5275 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Got my snow tires off today. Found out I either have an alignment issue or a bad tire with my rear drivers side. Tire was worn out. Diagonal wear spots but not uniform all around. Gonna get it looked at on Thursday before I head back south to the states. Hopefully it's a bad tire. Its shot already, so it's a forgone conclusion I need a new one. I could do without alignment issues. Lol.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5276 Unread post by jstark47 »

Sold my 2005 Bonneville yesterday. A little sad to see it go (that is, until I ride it 50 miles or more at one time) :roll:
It was my first real motorcycle, and I had had it since new. Mrs. Stark and I are getting into off-pavement riding, and I needed to sell bikes to make room for other bikes.

Brand new in July 2005:

Last month, nine years and 31,000 miles later:

I sold it to a fellow at work who had just passed his MSF and was looking for his first bike. He might be riding it to work, so perhaps I'll see it around now and again.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

blues2cruise

#5277 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I went for a picture scavenger hunt ride. Finally got the Porsche picture for the Riding Game.

blues2cruise

#5278 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Remarkable where we get our motivation.

I have been trying...without any success...to buy a new skirt or two. Most of the clothes around are for tiny people...I think I was born bigger than some of the population that lives here now. :laughing: Size 2, size 4...or the styles are for the young and trendy or the "petite" (I am 5'9" tall)

Summer time is upon us and instead of shorts, I like to wear skirts.

So.....I went to the fabric store and bought a pattern and fabric and the assorted notions needed to construct the skirts.

Job one...clean the back room...My sewing machine has been sitting buried beneath my accumulation of things I don't know what to do with. :roll:

My back room has been needing attention since I moved in....It gets neglected because of various reasons....so today was dedicated to the project.

Doors are open, windows are open, music is playing....the room is coming along, but I needed a break to sit down and give my back a rest.

I have come across things I could toss out and more paper crap that went to recycle.

I also have some assorted patches to sew on to a jacket...The sewing machine is on the table in plan sight now.... :mrgreen:

I would have gone riding, but me left shoulder is bothering me....the therapist worked deep into the shoulder last night...so it's tender today. Better to be safe than sorry. Therefore....back to the beginning...motivation to clean the back room....

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#5279 Unread post by dr_bar »

Bump,, just for blues... LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise

#5280 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I rode my motorcycle to work and home. Starting packing my bag to get read for my weekend ride. :D