JVRR
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki GS500F

Re: What did you do today...

#3661 Unread post by JVRR »

Yea it will just take time as any job search. I hope I am close though. I had a pretty sweet thing I gave up when I moved to Russia. Was not the best pay, but was decent, and I loved the job :?, too bad it is gone, and too bad I blew so much savings, but was still worth it :P.

There are a couple in Seattle I want to try, but I avoid Seattle as much as possible, I really, really, hate going into Seattle :lol:. The traffic is ridiculous, the construction and streets are crazy, it is just not good for my mental health :mrgreen:. I got out to a place in Lynnwood today, where I feel in love with the Triumph Speed Triple :mrgreen:. But they did not have the boots I was looking for, will try to get out to Seattle maybe tomorrow morning. Sucks they all closed on Mondays, that is a good day for me :evil:.

Problem is so many stores around here are so small, and it is hard to really tell which are not because they all use that stupid website template that is identical on each store, and if they list anything other than bikes, over ninety percent of the time they just list the entire brand catalog because they can order. :(
-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#3662 Unread post by JC Viper »

QuietMonkey wrote:
JVRR wrote:All I know of is... Renton Motorcycle (Renton), Eagle Leather (Tacoma), and Hinshaws (Auburn).
I looked up Issaquah and noticed it is in a nice area for riding, not even that far from my current residence. I can head down the #97 enjoy the scenery and head across the #90 right to Seattle... probably a nice day ride for me, but... ahem... Seattle is um... 25kms from Issaquah. If you cant find a decent bike dealer with a selection of gear in Seattle then you aint lookin very hard.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=is ... to+seattle

When you have steady work, and more cash for goodies, I'm sure you will have more enthusiasm to search out some good shops.

Since I have a new gig, providing my school-of-hard-knocks knowledge in the fast paced world of Harley-Davidson Motorcycles (well, it's April Fools ya know) I have another obstacle taken down on my path towards doing some serious off-road riding.

2-cents of advice on your job search JVRR ---> Think/dream/envision a real good fun goal and then remind yourself how much steady income (and other things) will help you to achieve that goal. Start to use some creativity to find that dream, that job, each step. Every time you take an ACTION towards that dream you will find the world just sort of guides you to the right place... dont fight it, just ask questions along the way and keep following your nose like a hound dog.

First step - dream a little and get yourself enthused/happy/motivated on how fun it will be to have that dream become reality -- then apply all of your person to making that dream happen. I find it makes everything easier, and luck just happens when you follow your dreams, small or big... things will happen.

It sounds like JC Viper is doing just that -- his goal is BEING a police officer, not just getting a job as a police officer -- it just happens the two are more closely intertwined in his case. Since New York has obstacles he has become totally open to other options, and they are happening...

//monkey-mantra
Actually my goal was always to race off-road either in Rally cars or dirt bikes since I was 6. The police thing was a somewhat close second after my parents decided to embrace my sister's horse riding passion and left me to rot :ninja:
The benefits I get from the police can help me achieve the first goal :baby:

As I'm too old to move up in the ranks of MotoX (26 soon), Rally is the only thing left but is being filled up with people years younger than me already. Still, I've managed 10 points and can break out of amateur if I can afford to keep doing it (beat up gray Jetta baby!). I've done really well in the racing schools I've attended.

I've slept on my bike before when I did a 1000 mile ride. I figure a car would be much more comfortable... except I probably wouldn't smell too pleasant...
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3663 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I took my bike out for it's first ride of 2011! :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3664 Unread post by High_Side »

sunshine229 wrote:I took my bike out for it's first ride of 2011! :mrgreen:
You lucky woman. We woke up to 2' (yes that's feet) of snow on the 3rd of April. I've tried to be the positive guy about the crappy weather thus far, but ferchristsakes where the hell is our spring????

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#3665 Unread post by mogster »

Went out on both bikes for first time this year!

Rode to MAG do (motorcycle action group) at Salisbury, Wiltshire (35 miles). Met a bunch of old time bike mates that we hadn't seen since Sept. Chatted to some Royal British Legion vets who were also on Triumphs. Ate :og roast for lunch.

Then back down thru New Forest (ancient heath/woods) to Red Shoot which is a popular biker meet. Met same old friends & made new ones!

Finally home via more country lanes. FAB day! :clapping: :party:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3666 Unread post by mogster »

:party: Also forgot to say......

Opened lovely Mothers' DAy card from daughter 1 & read email from daughter 2 ~ sent from Vietnam!
MOG

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3667 Unread post by mogster »

Maybe he'll get his on the road this year!
Attachments
Norton%20love%20in%20the%20forest.jpg
Norton%20love%20in%20the%20forest.jpg (15.94 KiB) Viewed 3340 times
MOG

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#3668 Unread post by ofblong »

mogster wrote::party: Also forgot to say......

Opened lovely Mothers' DAy card from daughter 1 & read email from daughter 2 ~ sent from Vietnam!
wow our mothers day isnt until may 8th.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3669 Unread post by High_Side »

ofblong wrote:
mogster wrote::party: Also forgot to say......

wow our mothers day isnt until may 8th.
I dunno if it had the same effect on you but I nearly panicked when I read that......whew... :lol:

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3670 Unread post by mogster »

Looks like I gave you both a fright! Sorry about that but we Brits don't always follow ~ sometimes we lead the way!

:jump:
MOG