pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Re: What did you do today...

#4441 Unread post by pchast »

I still want to see the results of that modification...........
:roll:
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#4442 Unread post by sapaul »

mogster wrote:
Wrider wrote:
ceemes wrote:
Sexy pics are always welcome, indeed we demand you post a sexy pic of you in the gear. :D
Leghumper!!!

But yes also in for the sexy pics... :ninja: :laughing:

:naughtynaughty:

You are both very bad boys & deserve a good spanking :wink:
YES, you are very bad boys

......... go to her room
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4443 Unread post by Wrider »

There's a problem here... I don't get spanked, I do the spanking... And if you don't agree with that, well I do have handcuffs.... lol
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

EatenbyAsphalt
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n

#4444 Unread post by EatenbyAsphalt »

Wrider wrote:There's a problem here... I don't get spanked, I do the spanking... And if you don't agree with that, well I do have handcuffs.... lol
Argue? Who can argue through a ball gag?
The faster the bike I get, the less of a coffin I'm gonna need, more like a ziplock bag.

obfg
Veteran
Veteran

#4445 Unread post by obfg »

When I left work this afternoon I noticed a motorcycle officer parked up the road. He was running radar and so I asked if he would clock me at the highway speed. He was agreeable and I ran through the radar. My speedometer and the radar gun were in agreement. I had thought my speedometer was accurate and now I know it is reliable. His duty bike was brand new Harley. It had only 9km on it, the distance from his detachment to where he set up the radar. We had a nice talk about the local roads and the necessity of keeping a close watch on your fuel, as gas stations can be few and far between, particularly at night.
Last edited by obfg on Wed May 02, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4446 Unread post by Johnj »

Today I sold my 79 Kawasaki KZ750B. It was listed on Craigslist for less than 8 hours. I bought the bike 3 years ago for $800 dollars, had the carbs rebuilt, put tires on it, rode it all over northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri, and sold it for $1000. Life is good.
Attachments
kz7501.jpg
kz7501.jpg (121.07 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4447 Unread post by madjak30 »

Played the epoxy game on the broken plastic bits...sanded the scuffed bits...painted the prepped bits...the rest of the parts are at the dealer waiting to be picked up...it's getting closer!! Tomorrow should be assembly time (only two parts left to paint)

I'll have to remember to take some pics of the process tomorrow. Then Thursday or Friday it will be the shake down ride...fingers crossed!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#4448 Unread post by sapaul »

Hey johnJ, indeed a very good day.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#4449 Unread post by VermilionX »

good ride today on my new hobby. ^_^

weather was looking good, got the day off, my buddy was wiling to go riding. really good day.

i was just telling my buddy that i think i found the winning combo with my 25mm GP4Ks and running it at 90 psi. spoke to soon and jinxed myself... had a flat. i pumped it but i got to a point where i felt im getting nowhere. during the ride, we saw a bike shop so i stopped and borrowed their floor pump. it was only at 80psi. damn, i think i should start carrying a mini gauge. weird enough though, my front tire measured 100 psi eventhough i only put 90psi on it i dunno how that happened. still not too shabby, i have 935 miles on these tires and only 2 flats. before, i was getting maybe a flat/100-200 miles.

1st stop was the griffith observatory... the ride up there was a workout. didn't make it in 1 run, felt had to stop in the middle, not strong enough yet or maybe i could have made it if i actually only started riding from the base of the observatory instead of coming from home.

took a few pics.

this one is at the back of the observatory overlooking downtown.

i tried to get a shot with the hollywood sign but it's a little too far.

i wanted to ride this one but it will side track us too much, we have to make it in time for band practice. but definitely next time. it looks like a fun descent.

this should be fun as well for the sportbike.

still... the ride down griffith observatory from where i came from was still fun but had to control my speed since it's a twistie so several blind spots.

riding to hipster ville, really interesting to see all the fixies. ^_^

then we rode to downtown LA and was hungry already... had lunch at little tokyo.

this one is pretty good... 11$ you get a salad, miso soup, and 3 items... i picked tuna sashimi, tiger roll, and unagi bowl. YUM YUM!

then on the way back my buddy just wanted to take the subway but i was able to convince him to HTFU and ride back instead.

really hard riding on the streets so much more to worry about and we had a few close calls. those 60 miles were a lot harder compared to my usual 60 mile ride at bike trails.

fun ride but not something i would wanna do again soon. the destinations are fun but the route almost makes it not worth it.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4450 Unread post by madjak30 »

Looks like you had a pretty good day...yummy looking lunch too...sharp looking road bike!! I'm just getting back into riding, but not that seriously...bought a mountain bike to ride with the kids, but the saddle is killing my butt...so I bought a gel seat to replace it, have to install it soon...went for a ride with my daughter on Sunday and was walking funny for about an hour afterwards...

I'm hoping this exercise will help me get into better shape than I have been in over 20yrs...

Also did some work on my MT-01 today...but found more issues that need addressing...friggin bike! I am really regretting my crash last September...repairs suck! Painting is fun though...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-