What did you do today...

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#1381 Unread post by Johnj »

Butternut squash has a nutty flavor to it. I used the 1¾ cups of sugar, almond extract instead of vanilla and cut back some on both the nutmeg and the cinnamon. a sweet potato and a butternut go to my sisters house and a butternut goes to my daughter.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#1382 Unread post by ofblong »

My parents gave me their old 1998 F-150. Only thing I dont like is its 2 wheel drive which doesnt do well in winter but eh ill finger it out cause it was free other than I gotta put plates/tags etc etc on it. ill prob just put pl/pd on it for insurance. Of course I cant put plates/tags/insurance on it till monday cause the government and insurance agencies are shut down for turkey day thru sunday. So monday after work ill prob head over to insurance pay for that and then head to the SOS to get it plated etc. Then ill have a vehicle for winter driving and when I need a truck to "haul" something.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#1383 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I spent all day at a clinic that does independent functional cpacity evaluations. :shock: OMG....I was there for almost 9 hours and had only a half hour lunch break all day......
Exhausted, in pain and tears and then too late to go get my car to AirCare.....We have to get AirCare before we can insure out vehicles....I had a day permit on it for today so i could use it and get it there....now I had to purchase a 3 day permit to use it for the weekend and be able to get it to AirCare on Monday.

I made sure I let the examiner know that she made me late. They had told me it was only for 6-8 hours, which would have been 2, 3 or 4pm....

This sort of testing would be better done over 2 days instead of going through that in such a long stretch.

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#1384 Unread post by Johnj »

B2C wrote:and then too late to go get my car to AirCare.....We have to get AirCare before we can insure out vehicles
AirCare? What is this? Explain please. :|
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#1385 Unread post by ceemes »

Johnj wrote:
B2C wrote:and then too late to go get my car to AirCare.....We have to get AirCare before we can insure out vehicles
It's an automobile emissions test that all Lower Mainland and South Vancouver Island vehicles (motorcycles are exempt as are large commercial vehicles) must pass before they can be re-insured.

While many bit ch and moan about the programme, it has had one good effect, we rarely see "blue-burners" on the roads anymore and I for one am thankful for that.

However, the programme is due to be discontinued in the next year or so, so I fully expect to see the return of those morons who feel its okay to drive down the roads leaving a big blue cloud of burnt oil behind them.

For more info, click here.
Always ask why.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#1386 Unread post by ofblong »

ceemes wrote:
Johnj wrote:
It's an automobile emissions test that all Lower Mainland and South Vancouver Island vehicles (motorcycles are exempt as are large commercial vehicles) must pass before they can be re-insured.

While many bit ch and moan about the programme, it has had one good effect, we rarely see "blue-burners" on the roads anymore and I for one am thankful for that.

However, the programme is due to be discontinued in the next year or so, so I fully expect to see the return of those morons who feel its okay to drive down the roads leaving a big blue cloud of burnt oil behind them.

For more info, click here.
some people do it because they cant afford anything else. however here if they are caught with a big cloud of smoke billowing out from behind them they actually get a ticket for it.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#1387 Unread post by dr_bar »

ceemes wrote: (motorcycles are exempt as are large commercial vehicles)
Well, some may be exempt, but our whole fleet at Canada Post goes through Aircare every year or two depending on vehicle age...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#1388 Unread post by BuzZz »

It's rare to see any vehicle burning enough oil to throw blue smoke around here anymore. I saw a new-ish Impala puking out a blue haze a couple of days ago, and it was the first oil-burner I've seen in a long, long time. So long that it took me aback to see it. And we don't have no pussified emissions testing here. :wink:

I think it has to do with the fact that newer vehicles are designed specifically to eliminate this, combined with the fact that they just don't survive long enough to wear out that much anymore. But that's just a guess.....
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#1389 Unread post by Wrider »

I went on a ride today! :mrgreen:
Went with my two buddies up to Wickenburg. About 50 mi each way.
Fair warning, kinda hard to keep up with a hot-rodded Softail and a GSXR1000 on a stock XR650 dual-sport on the streets... :laughing:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#1390 Unread post by ofblong »

I went to the junkyard and got a tailgate pin for my "used" truck. Put it on and reinstalled the tailgate. woohoo now I need to go get some sand bags to throw in the back and im all set :D. Either that or something else thats heavy.