What did you do today...

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Re: What did you do today...

#4021 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

dr_bar wrote:Went for breakfast with new friends before they rode home from Osoyoos. Just before I turned into the street to head back to the camp site, I decided to take a run up to the Anarchist Mountain viewpoint.
yeah that is a nice ride. the view into the desert all the way down the twisting road is great and it just gets toastier and toastier until you jump in the lake :D it always seems to be +30C for the month of August in this neck of the woods.

i've been spending as much time on the bicycle as the moto... today i moto'd, then cycled and then went climbing for an hour and a half, as i have been doing regularly for the past while. This climbing thing is definitely a great time. A perfect mix of thinking and using the body, straining, stretching... the fatigue reminds me to look after what the body needs for nutrition and fitness... and it keeps me patiently learning. i feel great and am walking around afterwards with some aches and pains, rougher, blistered hands, a few scrapes and cuts, bruises, but always still smiling from some progress made and am amazed at how it is developing the upper body. a wicked sport. just a ton of fun, like racing bikes, which due to a little luck some friends are loaning a bike for my one race of the year, a little endurance event this weekend with the ol' gang.

aahhh summer is nice. need less work and more play.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#4022 Unread post by mogster »

Wednesday I finally gave in to the pain in my feet (6yrs chronic bilateral plantar fascitis) & got in touch with my rheumatlogy consultant. Got appointment with him for Thursday. Result ...more physio etc + change of meds.

Saw my GP (local doc) today & got the new meds.

Took first tablet at 6pm (BST) & by 9pm was virtually painfree in left foot & conderably better in right foot!

I am so RELIEVED!!!! :D :D :D

I have been taking heavy duty painkillers that were not working & now have hope again!! :D :D

Thanx for listening :D :lol:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4023 Unread post by agraebner »

I know what you mean about dealing with pain mogster. I have arthritis was diagnosed at 15 years old. The parts that bother me the most are my neck and hands. I find it difficult to do a lot of stuff now so I do as much as I can and enjoy it. Riding has really been a blessing to me. I went camping yesterday and today loaded up the old nighthawk and just took off. I had to come home to check on the animals and I'm back to the forest....
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#4024 Unread post by ofblong »

I have planer fascitis or however you spell it cause I have extremely higher than normal arch's. Paid $250 for a set of "custom" in soles and wow did they make a difference. $250 was what my copay was before insurance would pay since I did not have to go to the doctor for anything.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#4025 Unread post by mogster »

I know someone who developed juvenile arthritis (now 60+) & whilst she is very disabled she is also one of the most positive people I know! :D

As regards insoles....yes I have podiatry designed insoles & initially they helped one foot but actually made the other worse! :(
I am having more made up. I have very flat feet + pronate (turn inward) + a job that requires me to stand for long periods.

Anyway enough medical moaning! :lol:

Yesterday after 2nd dose of new meds - was able to spend all afternoon shopping with a girlfriend + walked home from heri house late evening. I was almost painfree which is a HUGE improvement!! :D :D

Today going to a Thai Fair locally so will report in later :lol:

Not driving or riding this weekend as being careful re side effects.
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4026 Unread post by Johnj »

This morning I went to Independence and looked at a Honda ST1100. It's at a nice price too. Do I need a ST1100?
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4027 Unread post by HYPERR »

Johnj wrote: Do I need a ST1100?
If you are asking us, you need it. :mrgreen:

:exactly:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4028 Unread post by ceemes »

Johnj wrote: Do I need a ST1100?
Yes, yes you do......stupid question really.

This weekend is a bust, my turn this week to be the after hours on-call dogs. Sure, I get two paid days off for it, but it just aint worth it.
Always ask why.

Loonette
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#4029 Unread post by Loonette »

Today I began a love affair with Primus!! I think that I had only heard two or three of their songs up until today (including, of course, the theme song to "Southpark"). Now, I'm quite hooked.
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4030 Unread post by Wrider »

Saw a couple of awesome bikes on the Interstate today, and MV Agusta F4, a couple of Aprilia Tuonos riding together, and a Rocket III. Also saw a Nissan GTR.
Cursed out the incompetent tiremonkeys at Discount for their inability to balance a tire properly. Feel some light shake at 40-45, and it tries to move my whole truck around at 75-85.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha