Page 272 of 273

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am
by JessicaD
I was finishing the basement. The partner and i bought our new to us house last year and it has an unfinished basement that needs renovation. So everyday after work we are working hard to make a hangout zone

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:08 am
by brajon
I just cleaned the chain and wheels on my bike.

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:01 pm
by jstark47
brajon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:08 am
I just cleaned the chain and wheels on my bike.
Messy job, ain't it? :roll: I usually end up using pumice soap to get that combo of grease and brake dust off my hands after chain cleaning.

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:17 am
by brajon
jstark47 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:01 pm
brajon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:08 am
I just cleaned the chain and wheels on my bike.
Messy job, ain't it? :roll: I usually end up using pumice soap to get that combo of grease and brake dust off my hands after chain cleaning.
I use Dawn dishwashing liquid and a nail brush to remove the grease from my hands and fingernails.

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm
by stantdm
I put the trickle charger on the Vulcan now that I can get it into the shop and shut the door. I also have been cleaning up and throwing stuff I don't need or use away to make more room. I can now get the dirt bike, the street bike, two four wheelers, and both vehicles inside and shut the door.

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:47 pm
by NorthernPete
Went duck hunting and had a nice dinner with family.

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:17 am
by Moose25
Rode the bike into work on this fine Friday.
Looking forward to the weekend!

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:26 pm
by JackoftheGreen
Today I finally got around to tiling the shower floor in our basement bathroom. The renovation is moving quickly now, next is to grout and then put up the shower walls and tile them. Total amateur hour down there but I think it looks pretty good. It might be DIW, but it's also DIY. :)

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:17 am
by blues2cruise
I baked bread. Since I haven't been going out to shop, I started making bread. I also made pots of soups, stew, chili and froze in portions. i also have started crocheting. During this time when we all must social distance, it's important to find things to do. I saved a bunch of cartons and planted seeds indoors. It is still cold here...it feels like spring will never get here.

What are you doing to keep busy during lock down?

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:04 pm
by ZooTech
Been busy ignoring lock down and living my life as normally as possible. This Bill Gates virus doesn't worry me, it's the way it will change society that does. This is the major crisis the Rockefellers have been planning for decades (Bill Gates is a Rockefeller, btw...):

Image

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:39 am
by totalmotorcycle
This week (just a tad late on this post):

1. Brought my Guzzi out of winter hibernation
2. Installed the battery back into it
3. Changed the transmission oil
4. changed the shaft drive oil
5. Ordered (and just received) new tires.

Speaking of tires, I decided to switch brands from my Pirelli Sport Demon to Avon Roadrider's. I have an appointment to mount both new tires on Thursday so it will be interesting to see how the Avon's do vs the Pirelli Sport Demon I regularly purchased over the past 20 years. I also have some Conti Road Attack 3 to review this year (once this virus thing clears up) as it is a rare radial offered for retro sized rims.

Oh, I ordered from Revco as I'm in Canada as the border is closed to a lot of cross-boarder shipments. I have heard great things about Fortnine but as they wouldn't match pricing and Revco would, I ordered from Revco (and will continue to do so). Revco also delivered the tires in 2 days so I'm very happy with that. Thus the free shoutout to them:

Old tires: https://revco.ca/pirelli-sport-demon-tire.html
New ties: https://revco.ca/avon-roadrider-tire.html
Coming soon: https://revco.ca/continental-conti-road ... -tire.html

Reference: Moto Guzzi V7 tire sizes -
Front: 100-90-18
Rear: 130-80-17

Image

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 pm
by blues2cruise
ZooTech wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:04 pm
Been busy ignoring lock down and living my life as normally as possible. This Bill Gates virus doesn't worry me, it's the way it will change society that does. This is the major crisis the Rockefellers have been planning for decades (Bill Gates is a Rockefeller, btw...):

Image
Are you a conspiracy theorist? :lol:

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:52 pm
by blues2cruise
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:39 am
This week (just a tad late on this post):

1. Brought my Guzzi out of winter hibernation
2. Installed the battery back into it
3. Changed the transmission oil
4. changed the shaft drive oil
5. Ordered (and just received) new tires.

Speaking of tires, I decided to switch brands from my Pirelli Sport Demon to Avon Roadrider's. I have an appointment to mount both new tires on Thursday so it will be interesting to see how the Avon's do vs the Pirelli Sport Demon I regularly purchased over the past 20 years. I also have some Conti Road Attack 3 to review this year (once this virus thing clears up) as it is a rare radial offered for retro sized rims.

Oh, I ordered from Revco as I'm in Canada as the border is closed to a lot of cross-boarder shipments. I have heard great things about Fortnine but as they wouldn't match pricing and Revco would, I ordered from Revco (and will continue to do so). Revco also delivered the tires in 2 days so I'm very happy with that. Thus the free shoutout to them:

Old tires: https://revco.ca/pirelli-sport-demon-tire.html
New ties: https://revco.ca/avon-roadrider-tire.html
Coming soon: https://revco.ca/continental-conti-road ... -tire.html

Reference: Moto Guzzi V7 tire sizes -
Front: 100-90-18
Rear: 130-80-17

Image

My friend likes Avon tires.
I need a new battery for my Yamaha. I will get it in another couple of weeks. Hopefully. I had a fall and have been mostly immobile because of it. It has still been darn cold here anyway.

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:19 am
by totalmotorcycle
blues2cruise wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:52 pm
Avon Roadrider's. I have an appointment to mount both new tires on Thursday...
My friend likes Avon tires.
I need a new battery for my Yamaha. I will get it in another couple of weeks. Hopefully. I had a fall and have been mostly immobile because of it. It has still been darn cold here anyway.
[/quote]

Oh no, a fall? Are you ok? Just time to heal or? Wishing you a quick recovery my friend!

If you are looking at a battery, I learned something new last year that Yuasa makes 3 levels of batteries for most motorcycles (good, better, best) and while I was getting a Yuasa, I had no idea they had 2 better "versions" of it. So that lead me to find this battery maker: https://www.motobatt.us/MBYZ16H-Motobatt-12V-Battery and WOW, that Motobatt battery is, BY-FAR the best battery I have ever owned, by a football field! The CCA (cold cranking amps) are DOUBLE my previous Yuasa one and the price was the same. I just put it in my Guzzi last week and the Guzzi started up (after sitting for months) on the first try.

That is good to hear that your friend likes the Avon's. I have never owned a pair from them before and the tread pattern looks good on them so I will be interesting to see how they perform vs the Sport Damon's.

Mike

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 pm
by blues2cruise
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:19 am
blues2cruise wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:52 pm
Avon Roadrider's. I have an appointment to mount both new tires on Thursday...
My friend likes Avon tires.
I need a new battery for my Yamaha. I will get it in another couple of weeks. Hopefully. I had a fall and have been mostly immobile because of it. It has still been darn cold here anyway.
Oh no, a fall? Are you ok? Just time to heal or? Wishing you a quick recovery my friend!

If you are looking at a battery, I learned something new last year that Yuasa makes 3 levels of batteries for most motorcycles (good, better, best) and while I was getting a Yuasa, I had no idea they had 2 better "versions" of it. So that lead me to find this battery maker: https://www.motobatt.us/MBYZ16H-Motobatt-12V-Battery and WOW, that Motobatt battery is, BY-FAR the best battery I have ever owned, by a football field! The CCA (cold cranking amps) are DOUBLE my previous Yuasa one and the price was the same. I just put it in my Guzzi last week and the Guzzi started up (after sitting for months) on the first try.

That is good to hear that your friend likes the Avon's. I have never owned a pair from them before and the tread pattern looks good on them so I will be interesting to see how they perform vs the Sport Damon's.

Mike
[/quote]

A chair collapsed under me. Yes, time to heal. It's been a month. But finally able to walk a bit.

Is motobatt made in the states? I don't want a made in China battery. My local shop has Yuasa. !95. 00 for a battery.

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am
by jstark47
blues2cruise wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 pm
Is motobatt made in the states? I don't want a made in China battery. My local shop has Yuasa. !95. 00 for a battery.
Yuasa seems to be a brand name now owned by Enersys corporation, which has 32 manufacturing facilities scattered worldwide. Good luck figuring out where any specific Yuasa battery was made.

I picked up some traces of info that Motobatt batteries are made in China, but the info wasn't solid enough to confirm that.

I sympathize with your desire to avoid products made in the Peoples Republic, but pinning down location of final assembly of products these days can be really frustrating. Figuring out the source of the raw materials or subassemblies that went into the product is even worse. I hate to admit it, but I sorta gave up on that, and now I just take the easy way out and buy whatever has good customer reviews. Not proud of that, but.... whaddya gonna do? :?

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:02 pm
by ZooTech
blues2cruise wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 pm
Are you a conspiracy theorist? :lol:
Every President since Reagan has mentioned a New World Order by name in major speeches. The Rockefeller family has talked about a New World Order for decades (Gates is a Rockefeller). In the early 1980s, the Georgia Guidestones were erected here in the States calling for a drastic depopulation of the world to a "sustainable 500 million". Bill Gates tours the world giving speeches about depopulation and saying vaccines are the answer (I thought vaccines saved lives). The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funds the WHO, five major rx companies, and the Wuhan P4 Bio Research Lab. Bill's vaccines have killed and crippled millions of children in India and Africa and sterilized thousands of women. Now he's calling for a global mandatory vaccine requirement with a unique "number" for each person before the economies can reopen.

Ya know...when they mention this stuff by name, publish their agenda in plain sight (Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030), and even hold preparation exercises six weeks before the outbreak (Event 201), it ceases to be theory and all you're left with is an obvious conspiracy. So, no...I'm really not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a free thinker, and healthy skeptic, and don't waste dozens of hours a week watching sports and reality TV.

YRMV..,

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:45 am
by blues2cruise
jstark47 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am
blues2cruise wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 pm
Is motobatt made in the states? I don't want a made in China battery. My local shop has Yuasa. !95. 00 for a battery.
Yuasa seems to be a brand name now owned by Enersys corporation, which has 32 manufacturing facilities scattered worldwide. Good luck figuring out where any specific Yuasa battery was made.

I picked up some traces of info that Motobatt batteries are made in China, but the info wasn't solid enough to confirm that.

I sympathize with your desire to avoid products made in the Peoples Republic, but pinning down location of final assembly of products these days can be really frustrating. Figuring out the source of the raw materials or subassemblies that went into the product is even worse. I hate to admit it, but I sorta gave up on that, and now I just take the easy way out and buy whatever has good customer reviews. Not proud of that, but.... whaddya gonna do? :?
Yes, it is difficult trying to support your own country or continent or workers. I was told that the batteries made in the USA are better than the ones made in China. They last longer and are more reliable. I do try hard to buy Canadian made or grown first, then USA, then Europe. It's not always possible though.

Next week, I will go and clean the bike and then get the battery.

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:46 am
by blues2cruise
ZooTech wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:02 pm
blues2cruise wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 pm
Are you a conspiracy theorist? :lol:
Every President since Reagan has mentioned a New World Order by name in major speeches. The Rockefeller family has talked about a New World Order for decades (Gates is a Rockefeller). In the early 1980s, the Georgia Guidestones were erected here in the States calling for a drastic depopulation of the world to a "sustainable 500 million". Bill Gates tours the world giving speeches about depopulation and saying vaccines are the answer (I thought vaccines saved lives). The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funds the WHO, five major rx companies, and the Wuhan P4 Bio Research Lab. Bill's vaccines have killed and crippled millions of children in India and Africa and sterilized thousands of women. Now he's calling for a global mandatory vaccine requirement with a unique "number" for each person before the economies can reopen.

Ya know...when they mention this stuff by name, publish their agenda in plain sight (Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030), and even hold preparation exercises six weeks before the outbreak (Event 201), it ceases to be theory and all you're left with is an obvious conspiracy. So, no...I'm really not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a free thinker, and healthy skeptic, and don't waste dozens of hours a week watching sports and reality TV.

YRMV..,
Thank you for the info. I will go read up on those things you mentioned.

What is YRMV?

Re: What did you do today...

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:36 am
by jstark47
blues2cruise wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:46 am
What is YRMV?
Your Results May Vary? (just guessing) :humm: