My brother's life in Afghanistan

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#11 Unread post by fireguzzi »

kali wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:loonette....bravo. :)
Never fails. On 'The Farm', some animals are always more equal than others.
Maybe you should learn that, no matter how good or bad of a point you want to make no one will listen to it when you are disrespectful or inconsiderate.

You make a lot of serious comments that I am sure you hold dear, but no one will take your opinions to heart or even listen to them if you come across as a complete "O Ring" hole.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#12 Unread post by Sev »

In any event.

Thank you Loonette for sharing some actual non-sensationalized, non-media-biased opinions and stories about what's going on over there. While I believe that everyone needs to run news about Iraq through their own personal "Can I believe this" detector, I think that what was said here by far and away more honest (is that the word I'm looking for?) then anything else we would see in the media.

Again I appreciate this new perspective.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#13 Unread post by scan »

I have unlocked this thread, upon Loonette's suggestion. The main thing that ruined this thread was one user who is no longer on the board, therefore is not going to keep creating a fight in an inappropriate thread. I also removed the fight from within the thread. This thread was created to share the unique perspective many of us will never have, and also from a place many of will never be. I hope it is still appreciated in the spirit it was originally presented.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

badinfluence63
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: '98Ultra w/sc '01 Ultra and 1983FLHS

#14 Unread post by badinfluence63 »

scan,

Excellent! Well done. Here here!

Seetrout
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by Seetrout »

Very insightful.
Familiarity breeds contempt.

2004 Honda 599

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#16 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Heard anything lately?

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#17 Unread post by Loonette »

blues2cruise wrote:Heard anything lately?
Actually, no. The last time we heard from him was right around the holidays. His group was getting ready to relocate to a much more remote part of Afghanistan. Not sure exactly where, as he was not able to tell us. We knew we wouldn't hear from him for quite some time, but this is crazy! I know that "no news is good news" would hold true in this case. I think I'll contact his wife within the next few days to see if she's heard from him.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

galord
Regular
Regular

#18 Unread post by galord »

Your brother is a very good man. I hope he will be back to the U.S in the future.

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 1998 V-Twin 1500 & 2008 Suski C50T

#19 Unread post by Patrick »

scan wrote:I have unlocked this thread, upon Loonette's suggestion. The main thing that ruined this thread was one user who is no longer on the board, therefore is not going to keep creating a fight in an inappropriate thread. I also removed the fight from within the thread. This thread was created to share the unique perspective many of us will never have, and also from a place many of will never be. I hope it is still appreciated in the spirit it was originally presented.
Thanks for re-opening this thread as this is the first time I have read the letter and I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing it!!

Patrick
Keep the wheels on the road.

If you want check my blogg at this site.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=25466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

MonkeyShines
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#20 Unread post by MonkeyShines »

Thank you for sharing. Best thing I've read in ages.

I agree. The news does suck. Repetative and filtered out that we don't get a clear sense of what is going on, and the people involved.