I just tried eHarmorny.com

ManicFZ6
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

I just tried eHarmorny.com

#1 Unread post by ManicFZ6 »

I just completed the online compatibility survey on eHarmony .com. I've just got to find a girlfriend! Anyway, after completing the survey it gives you a list of your perfect matches. It gave me 3. A pic of my motorcycle, a pic of my Caddy guitar, and a pic of my hand! The left one!

I give up!
:( :oops:
Alan Cargile

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

My brother uses lavalife. He has become a serial dater. Although the one he's dating now has been around for a couple of months now.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#3 Unread post by ofblong »

pft I met my wife when I worked at Wal*mart. soon as we started dating I quit walmart, found a better job, and never went back to walmart.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#4 Unread post by fireguzzi »

My completely insane and stupid mother in law joined one of those dating sites. After a few dates, with men that she swore she was in love with and never called her back, she started talking to a man in another state.

After a week of chatting, the guy drove from Louisiana over here to GA and they spent a weekend together in a motel. Two weeks after that she announced she was moving in with him. So with just a few days notice she left her 18 year old daughter, who is about to graduate high school and start collage, with her aunt. She quit her job without any notice. She left her house that she rented from her sister for everyone else to sort through. Has only called her daughters once since moving there. Didn't come back to help clean out her stuff from her old house last weekend like she was supposed to. What a f--king b---h! I am glad she is gone, she was mentally abusive to everyone around her. And she sux. What an a-- hole.

Oh was I venting?
sorry.

So Manic, I guess the moral of the story is watch out for the crazy chicks on those dating sites!!! Just a warning from your brother biker. :mrgreen:
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#5 Unread post by Johnj »

:? mentally abusive :?

What did she make you do quantum physics?
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

You are probably better off to join a couple of riding clubs. Meeting people in an environment that you enjoy...and where there are lots of different people to meet is more likely a better choice than the online thing anyway.

ManicFZ6
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by ManicFZ6 »

Thanks to you all. Actually I didn't get to the part that shows your matches. That's where they ask for money. I would hate to ever make the statement, "She's a nice lady for twenty bucks, but sometimes I wish that I would have taken the forty dollar deal." :shock:
Alan Cargile

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#8 Unread post by JC Viper »

I have a profile on an internet dating site. I just keep it up to see how many women view my profile. It's just like real life, not too many girls want to look at me :laughing: .

I also finally decided to put up a small Myspace page as well just to get some friends off my back about being solitary.

Maybe you should try MySpace since I hear some people managed to get relationships going (successful ones and legal) for no fee. Thank god I still have college to get me into the dating scene should I ever get one before graduating.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#9 Unread post by Wrider »

Yeah, myspace and facebook both work for that. If it's dating-specific you want, try http://www.okcupid.com. I met my ex (1st GF at 20 yo) and the girl I'm currently talking to on it, might work for you too! Good luck!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#10 Unread post by Gummiente »

Wow. There is so much I could write in response to this... I am a veteran of the online dating scene and have many, many stories to tell. So many stories. So many of them with unhappy endings. So many truly bizarre ones. So many tortured souls out there.

But I digress.

In a nutshell - be very, very cautious of all those "free" dating sites. They attract hordes of mentally unbalanced people and you truly do get what you pay for. The sites that require payment for membership generally attract a better quality of people, but you still have to wade through knee-deep piles of crap just to find the diamond. You can be as brutally honest about yourself as you want, but unfortunately there is no guarantee the other person has done the same about themselves. I'll use my eHarmony.ca incident as an example; I paid a lot of money for it and they "matched" me with two females who clearly were NOT who their profiles said they were. It doesn't matter how many questions you have to answer during the registration procedure, if you lie in most or all of the responses it will paint you as being a totally different person than what you actually are. Garbage in = garbage out. So there's really no guarantee either way, you could find your mate on a free dating site or on a paid one. Luck of the draw, roll of the dice, and so on.

Having said that, the online dating scene is one way to increase your chances of finding that special someone, but it shouldn't be the only one. Like Blues said, join a riding club and expand your circle of friends. This means you'll need to endure a lot of blind dates ("Hey, you know what? I have a friend who'd be perfect for you!"), but at least you'll be going on dates.

FWIW, I found my sweetie on Canadian Singles Online seven years ago. We're getting married this August. Happy ending.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride