Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: I'm back

#11 Unread post by Wrider »

So how are you enjoying the Monster? Why'd you sell the Shiver? Talk to us man! Let us know what's been going on!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#12 Unread post by Brackstone »

Wrider wrote:So how are you enjoying the Monster? Why'd you sell the Shiver? Talk to us man! Let us know what's been going on!
Hey Wrider,

I am loving the monster. My only complaint is if you ride it for a while the clutch seems to get noisy if you don't let it out perfectly at a stop light. It will make a groaning noise. I never had this problem with any of my other bikes, but I've never had a dry clutch either.

I got rid of the Shiver because it has a horrible dealership and support network. Nobody communicates with each other.Whether it's Italy not talking to the USA, the Manufacturer talking to the dealership, ANYTHING. I'd try to get them to perform safety recalls and they'd claim the recall didn't exist etc. etc. etc.

I took like a $3,500 hit on that motorcycle because I was only able to sell it for $6,500 but it was well worth it to escape the Aprilia nightmare. My Advice to anyone who lives in Northern NJ is to stay away from Aprilia period.
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

Dragon on Wheels
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by Dragon on Wheels »

Glad you're back and still riding! You and RhadamYgg are two that I look for on the forum since you both started on Ninja250s at about the same time I did and live in northern NJ also.

I actually currently work in Bloomfield too!

If you ever want to talk bike stuff or whatnot, let me know.
If you ever see a dorky guy riding a black Ninja 250 like a stereotypical grandma would, please don't run me over :wink:
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hey, nice to see you back! Sorry to hear about your troubles, but hopefully being back here will bring back those smiles! ;)
Andrea :sun:

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#15 Unread post by Brackstone »

Dragon on Wheels wrote:Glad you're back and still riding! You and RhadamYgg are two that I look for on the forum since you both started on Ninja250s at about the same time I did and live in northern NJ also.

If you ever see a dorky guy riding a black Ninja 250 like a stereotypical grandma would, please don't run me over :wink:
Glad to see you are still cruising around as well! Don't worry I'm always kind to motorcyclists no matter what they are riding :)

I wish I could find a job in bloomfield! Then I wouldn't have a commute lol. How is your Ninja holding up, still good?

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#16 Unread post by Brackstone »

sunshine229 wrote:Hey, nice to see you back! Sorry to hear about your troubles, but hopefully being back here will bring back those smiles! ;)

Thanks sunshine :)

I feel much happier lately so I'm doing well. Sorry to hear you are bike-less! If you get the chance link me to a thread where you talked about it so you don't have to re-tell me the story again. Or PM me. I hope it wasn't a bad accident and if it was you are okay!

Dragon on Wheels
Elite
Elite

#17 Unread post by Dragon on Wheels »

Brackstone wrote:
Dragon on Wheels wrote:Glad you're back and still riding! You and RhadamYgg are two that I look for on the forum since you both started on Ninja250s at about the same time I did and live in northern NJ also.

Glad to see you are still cruising around as well! Don't worry I'm always kind to motorcyclists no matter what they are riding :)

I wish I could find a job in bloomfield! Then I wouldn't have a commute lol. How is your Ninja holding up, still good?
The Ninja is still cruising 8) Sometimes I want something that has a little more 'oomph', FI, and does not need to shift 10 million times just to go 30 mph, but it still puts a smile on my face when I ride it. At some point in time I'm sure I'll get something in the 'middle-class' for all of those things, but not quite yet.
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#18 Unread post by storysunfolding »

rev it higher
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#19 Unread post by JC Viper »

Cool, Bloomfield is close to where I am, that is if my damn bike worked... I hope to get it fixed really soon and maybe go over there and look at your new toy.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

erbgottie
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 honda RVT1000R

#20 Unread post by erbgottie »

Sorry to hear about your troubles Brackstone, was wandering why I didn't see that lady on the beach avatar round here lately lol. Nice motard and them DUC dry clutches are pretty loud.
2006 Suzuki SV650S
2003 Honda RC51