smoking the weed...

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#41 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

I Smoked a Joint once....but I didn't Inhale!

:laughing:

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#42 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

There was a programme called Top Gear, and they did a test. Firstly a guy drove round a circuit with obstacles jumping out and lights turning to red etc otherwise encounters you would normally meet on the road. The guy did it straight and made a few mistakes. Then the guy smoked a joint, waited 5 mins and did the circuit again. the circuit he done was faultless!
I have smoked the weed previously for pleasure but these days I look at it as my most effective painkiller. I have severe Arthritis. Stops my muscles and nerves going into spasm, I no longer keep going in and out of hospital cause of pain, but my painkiller is not legal here in UK, Which I think is absolutely disgusting. My prescribed painkillers effect my kidneys, and I have to have regular bloodtests, because pills can cause kidney,liver and heart failure, now you tell me which is the better painkiller? I know, and I smoke it daily and yes I do inhale :laughing: but my painkiller is illegal (Dont make sense to me) I have a better quality of life and I can get on bike etc But we dont smoke the weed if we're out on bike, just being on bike is a buzz in itself, you know the body's natural Adrenalin Rush! :P And the last thing you want to do is go battering people unlike alcohol which seems to trigger that off in a lot of people who consume a lot of alcohol. When you smoke weed your just chilled out and relaxed, to me there's nothing wrong with that! :wink:
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#43 Unread post by cb360 »

Amen. I don't smoke on the bike myself. I couldn't live with myself if had an accident under those circumstances. I think it's best to be above reproach and avoid even the appearance of impropriety, especially when doing drugs :laughing:
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

iwannadie
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#44 Unread post by iwannadie »

barmy_carmy wrote:There was a programme called Top Gear, and they did a test. Firstly a guy drove round a circuit with obstacles jumping out and lights turning to red etc otherwise encounters you would normally meet on the road. The guy did it straight and made a few mistakes. Then the guy smoked a joint, waited 5 mins and did the circuit again. the circuit he done was faultless!
I have smoked the weed previously for pleasure but these days I look at it as my most effective painkiller. I have severe Arthritis. Stops my muscles and nerves going into spasm, I no longer keep going in and out of hospital cause of pain, but my painkiller is not legal here in UK, Which I think is absolutely disgusting. My prescribed painkillers effect my kidneys, and I have to have regular bloodtests, because pills can cause kidney,liver and heart failure, now you tell me which is the better painkiller? I know, and I smoke it daily and yes I do inhale :laughing: but my painkiller is illegal (Dont make sense to me) I have a better quality of life and I can get on bike etc But we dont smoke the weed if we're out on bike, just being on bike is a buzz in itself, you know the body's natural Adrenalin Rush! :P And the last thing you want to do is go battering people unlike alcohol which seems to trigger that off in a lot of people who consume a lot of alcohol. When you smoke weed your just chilled out and relaxed, to me there's nothing wrong with that! :wink:
i hear ya, i was on a high dose of oxycodine and oxycontine. the mixx of all the pills plus aspern had be on the very edge of liver failure daily for a month. those pills are risky stuff, the weed though you could never smoke enough to od on. there was a woman here who was going in for surgery and was trying to refuse opiot based pain meds instead insisting they let her use the weed, of course they didnt. its better to use morphine(herion) instead i guess. seems they are cracking down on medical use these days also.

makes no sense you cant use this stuff in your own house while hurting noone.
03 katana 600

Joe Mc
Elite
Elite

#45 Unread post by Joe Mc »

My first peek into "The Soap Box" and there's a thread about weed. Cool :smoke:

I'm an occassional smoker. Don't drink or use any other drugs.
'78 CB400T2 Hawk

cruisinflatout
Elite
Elite

#46 Unread post by cruisinflatout »

9000white wrote:the three times i smoked it it made my legs hurt like hell the next day. (really)the reason it is not legalized is a no brainer.look at the money the judges--lawyers--cops and other assorted trash make from reselling what they confiscate from users. not to mention the bribes they get from the big boys that import it in here.or maybe i am wrong and the government is worried about it being a health hazard---BULLSHOT!!!
+1

The current legal system as we know it would change drastically if weed was legalized....
cruise flat out - www.cruiseflatout.com

With the re-emergence of naked bikes, one day soon, real men will be able to bring their motors out of the false shadows of molded plastic and show their motors to the world without fear of ridicule or shame.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#47 Unread post by Sev »

iwannadie wrote:i hear ya, i was on a high dose of oxycodine and oxycontine. the mixx of all the pills plus aspern had be on the very edge of liver failure daily for a month. those pills are risky stuff, the weed though you could never smoke enough to od on. there was a woman here who was going in for surgery and was trying to refuse opiot based pain meds instead insisting they let her use the weed, of course they didnt. its better to use morphine(herion) instead i guess. seems they are cracking down on medical use these days also.

makes no sense you cant use this stuff in your own house while hurting noone.
Pretty much anything you can put into your body will kill you in high enough doses. Caffienne for example will kill you if taken in high enough doses.

Eating a bushel of carrots will put enough poison into your system to kill you.

Every instance in which you introduce a given drug into your body increases your bodies resistance to its effects. This is most noticible with things like heroine and cocaine where the timeline for this is very short. At a certain point the amount required to get a "high" is greater then a lethal dose for that person. That's where ODing comes in. If they had kept taking the same amount every time they would get a reduced effect every time. People will not live long enough to reach this point with MJ or caffienne, but the possibility is still there.

If you want to consider the long term effects of smoking pot remember this. Your brain operates off of 2 different systems, one is electrical and the other is chemical. A signal is transferred through a neuron through electrical conduction at the end it reaches the synapse where neurotransmitters are released. These neurotransmistters diffuse across a gap between the signalling neuron and the recieving neuron. Because of the narrow space it can be a nearly instantaneous reaction. However, I'll say again, HOWEVER rx increases the size of this gap, increasing the distance over which the chemicals need to diffuse which in turn slows transfer and reaction rates. This is not something that will wear off, or repair itself over time. Once the damage is done, it is done and there's no way to undo it. Please note, this is not the washed out and mellow feeling that you get immediately after smoking up. This is the long term effects of use of this drug. It will damage your brain.

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief amoung drug users the brain cannot repair itself. The brain is made up of myelinated neurons. Neurons with fatty deposits wrapped around it to speed conduction along the length. Once one of these is severed, damaged, or destroyed it cannot be regrown, it cannot be repaired, and it cannot be replaced. It is gone forever.

Nerves in the body however can be regrown (sometimes) this is because they lack the myelin sheath. Scientists still aren't completely sure why non-myelinated cells can grow back and myelinated ones cannot but it remains true.

That being said, it's still your choice. It's never something that I'm going to do, but then again I get on a motorcycle which can obviously lead to dismemberment or even death. We all choose the risks we're willing to take. Which is why I wear my full face.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#48 Unread post by BuzZz »

With very high-grade smoke, 20%+ THC content-most street-grade stuff is less than 10%, some scientist guy figures it would take about 5 lbs to overdose. That works out to something like 1 joint every 2 minutes, goodluck choking that back. And the fact you passout from lack of oxygen about 6 minutes into it, and an O.D. is not something you need to worry about.

Dam, kill this thread..... back in 10.... :smoke:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#49 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I smoke occationally, I find it tends to knock me out though. I guess Im one of the few here that would rather have a drink then have a smoke. Id never get behind the wheel or on my bike (even though I havent really gotten on my bike at all yet) after having a couple of drinks (I believe that 1 drink or 1 toke wont affect your reaction time) If anyone is intoxicated (booze or pot) they have no right to be on the road. its that easy.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#50 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Smoking the weed is something definately done at home. If we go out on bike, we dont touch it, the buzz from riding the bike is a natural adrenalin rush, which we dont spoil by smoking herb. But where we have been smoking for a long time, dont seem to get really butted, just relaxed, and does the job as far as Arthritis is concerned, it is good for mild to moderate pain, but for excruiating severe pain, I do have to take dihydrocodine or Trammadol! But not so many! :shock:
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!