WE WANT YOUR SOUL - FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, TWITTER, 'Net (video)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WE WANT YOUR SOUL - FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, TWITTER, 'Net (video)

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I heard just a snippet of this song on the radio today and had to find it. Sometimes this is exactly how I feel about the other internet giants and how they just want your soul, your information, your data, your posts, your photos, your family, your friends, your credit card, your...

Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Oh, and can anyone identify the motorcycle in the video? LOL.

Enjoy the video.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: WE WANT YOUR SOUL - FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, TWITTER, 'Net (vi

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Wow!
That video has quite a statement.

I disconnected myself from most of the internet. I got away from Facebook and Delphi, and a few other places.

My souls is my own....

no wait....

TMW has my soul. :laughing:

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: WE WANT YOUR SOUL - FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, TWITTER, 'Net (vi

#3 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Agreed, quite the statement and they've got a good point. Consumerism runs rampant...

I was never all that plugged in myself, but last summer I ditched Facebook after less than a year of using the service. Mike, I think you'd like to know you're actually part of the reason I got rid of FB.

Back when you and Andrea got screwed by that crooked plumber, I posted a description of what happened on my Wall along with the name of the company, and asked my 200+ friends to share the post if they believed in fair customer practices. I was really hoping to create a buzz, silly me, I didn't have one picture of a turtle in a shoe or a cat with a bow on it's head, so what did I expect? I think I got 18 likes and not a single share, and that began my trek out of FB. I reasoned if I couldn't use Facebook to do a single useful thing, my time was better spent elsewhere, and after several attempts to make FB work for me, I finally deemed it worthless and, like shoes with busted down heels or my ex wife, threw it in the trash with the other worthless things.

I'll say this in Google's defense, though, they give me an awful lot of services for which I've never paid one red cent. The OS on my phone, my email account, GPS navigation and StreetView images to spice up my blog right here on TMW -- these are all things they've provided for me free of charge. I realize what I 'pay' for those services is my privacy, but for as much time as I spend on the internet I'm not the sort of user they're really mining from. I don't click Like buttons, even when I had FB, I don't Pin things or Tweet about the new DVD player I just bought, and I have yet to add a 'suggested item' to my cart on Amazon. All they're getting from me is targeting marketing, and to date I've never clicked an ad anywhere.

But, awesome video! Not my musical taste, but activism beats slacktivism any day and I'll bet Lee Camp would get a kick outta this. (-:

Stay angry!

DenverD
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: yamaha 2000

Re: WE WANT YOUR SOUL - FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, TWITTER, 'Net (video)

#4 Unread post by DenverD »

Very interesting information. It's a pity that I found her so late

Ralph P Perry
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: yamaha 2001

#5 Unread post by Ralph P Perry »

Cool. I liked the name of this thread. Indeed, social networks can be called absorbers of our souls. But if you use them rationally, then you can stay profitable. Because social media is a great platform to grow your business. It is very easy to convert followers into leads here. Facebook and Instagram are already hackneyed platforms, but the social network Reddit is not yet mastered by everyone. In some functions, it even surpasses Facebook, and if you buy accounts in bulk, then the chances of growing an online business increase significantly.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Had to watch this video again... Wow. True today as it was in 2013 when I posted it. In fact, it's probably even more true sadly. Amazing how in 9 years the internet (outside of TMW) is more censored, less free, more monetized and people are just data numbers to be minded (as is resource mining).

I'm still running TMW like I did for privacy and data policies as I did over 23 years ago, which internet standards is ancient... ie. No selling of your data, 100% privacy and no mining of your personal information.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

mike9199
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: Honda Nx

#7 Unread post by mike9199 »

Great video. Thanks for sharing.
I have exactly the same opinion about social media and that's the reason i have 3 pictures there.