Rich kid flips out

rocker-d
Rookie
Rookie

Rich kid flips out

#1 Unread post by rocker-d »

i was at my local mc dealer and saw a 16 year old and his father(who was filthy rich). i saw the kid run straight for this years new hayabusa and then proceeded to go iwantit iwantit iwantit pleaseeeeeeeeeee. the owner said no clear and firm. i saw the father offer double the sticker price. the owner still said no. the father proceded to talk to him and finally got the owner to allow his son to test drive it. tthey go out back and the idiot son instantly pulls back fully on the throttle and wheelies over the top and rolls on his back with the son still in it. the son screamed his head off and threatened to sue the owner. he cooled off and decided to buy a honda rebel in the back of the dealer. i hope he dosen't flipout on that bike some how.

i heard this story on the internet and found it hillarious what do u think?
Just looking at fourms with questions.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

So what your saying is you heard this story on the internet.

Sometimes the internet isn't a reliable source of news stories.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#3 Unread post by Wrider »

I'm not sure I would believe it, but to be honest it wouldn't surprise me over in Scottsdale or something. I did hear of a guy in Colorado Springs who owned his first bike, a 2006 Hayabusa for a grand total of 35 miles though. Had to pay for the bike, the tickets, and the light pole he took out on his way to the insurance office.
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

HeathersWheels
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by HeathersWheels »

Cities take their light poles pretty seriously. get really pissed off when you damage them
Heather
http://www.HeathersWheels.com
be my friend http://www.myspace.com/heatherswheels

ElChado87
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by ElChado87 »

I've heard light poles cost somewhere in the neighbourhood (take that! red squiggly line!) of twenty grand to replace...

I could be wrong though. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

ElChado87
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by ElChado87 »

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#7 Unread post by Wrider »

Umm, read that more carefully, that's for 11 concrete ones, including labor.

As for the story, honestly wouldn't surprise me, except for the store owner refusing to sell it, and for the father to threaten to sue then buy the kid another bike there.

Oh, as for replacement costs, just so you know, in Colorado, a 75 MPH speed limit sign with two posts costs approximately 750 bucks to replace... Ask me how I know... :evil:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ElChado87
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by ElChado87 »

:lol: Now that you point that out..... My bad... :oops:

But it's still expensive! :laughing:

crazy5dave
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by crazy5dave »

most shocking part is that the salesman didnt just sell it to him. And then at double the price? i work at a dealer and have seen some great stuff. the dealer in Japan i work for now ive seen two bikes wreaked before 150 and on one at about 40mile on the clock in the last 3 years. before this i worked in a US dealer and a wrecked bike came back with 180ish miles on it. reason. guys overcoat was wraped around the rear wheel. took us three people to pull/cut that off. Heard two different accounts of this. first, had it bunggied to the rear seat and it got sucked in. later second was that he was wearing it and it sucked him off an reversed body slamed him off the back. Eitherway, he was doing 60 on the freeway and he broke an arm and some other stuff. renters were great too. they had the parking lot test. As in can you drive across the parking lot? one day i was outside and the rental lady said drive across. customer dumped a sportser. i had to laugh. i later asked how many cant pass the test. she said 10-20%. shocking. one couple totaled a rental ultra classic with 1K on it. low sided around an on ramp. then hit curb, stood it back up and "ejected them". called the ambulance on that one. though i missed the dealership record, that was held by a customer a few years earlier. 17 miles on a sportster. he was going home from the dealer, first ride. "lost it" on an on ramp.
2007 Buell XB12Ss

Superfly3176
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 Harley Davidson Nightster XL1200N

#10 Unread post by Superfly3176 »

crazy5dave wrote:most shocking part is that the salesman didnt just sell it to him. And then at double the price? i work at a dealer and have seen some great stuff. the dealer in Japan i work for now ive seen two bikes wreaked before 150 and on one at about 40mile on the clock in the last 3 years. before this i worked in a US dealer and a wrecked bike came back with 180ish miles on it. reason. guys overcoat was wraped around the rear wheel. took us three people to pull/cut that off. Heard two different accounts of this. first, had it bunggied to the rear seat and it got sucked in. later second was that he was wearing it and it sucked him off an reversed body slamed him off the back. Eitherway, he was doing 60 on the freeway and he broke an arm and some other stuff. renters were great too. they had the parking lot test. As in can you drive across the parking lot? one day i was outside and the rental lady said drive across. customer dumped a sportser. i had to laugh. i later asked how many cant pass the test. she said 10-20%. shocking. one couple totaled a rental ultra classic with 1K on it. low sided around an on ramp. then hit curb, stood it back up and "ejected them". called the ambulance on that one. though i missed the dealership record, that was held by a customer a few years earlier. 17 miles on a sportster. he was going home from the dealer, first ride. "lost it" on an on ramp.

Some people should invest the time and or money into a BRC. It helped me immensely. I bought a bike before taking it, made sure it fit me and all, prolly still a mistake to do before BRC. But watching videos on youtube made me dead scared of a bike.

Then I took the BRC and learned that some people are just idiots who have no clue how to operate a bike. Let alone a sports bike.