sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

The state of British politics

#1 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Gordon Brown was visiting a classroom in a Scottish primary school. The class was in the middle of a discussion about words and their meanings. The teacher asked Mr. Brown if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'tragedy'. So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a 'tragedy'.

A little boy stood up and offered: 'If my best freen, who lives on a fairm, is playin' in the field and a tractor rins ower him and kills him, that wuid be a 'tragedy.'

No, said Gordon - that would be an accident.'

A little girl raised her hand: 'If a skulebus carrying fufty children driv ower a cliff, killing a'bdy inside, that wuid be a tragedy'

I'm afraid not, explained Gordon - that's what we would call a great loss'

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Gordon searched the room. 'Is there no-one here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'

Finally, at the back of the room, wee Johnny raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said: 'If a plane cerryin' you and Mr. Darlin' wis struck by a 'freenly fire' missile & blown to smithereens, that wuid be a tragedy.'

'Fantastic!' exclaimed Gordon. 'That's right. And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?'

'Weel,' says wee Johnny, 'it his to be a tragedy, because it certainly wuidnae be a great loss and it probably wuidnae be a f*cking accident either!'
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

poet
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by poet »

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Damn everyone in cube-ville heard me laughing.
http://www.fridgedoor.com/apblmaysunjo.html
-Apache Blessing

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." paraphrased different ways - Benjamin Franklin ... also Associated to Thomas Jefferson

ttty2t1j3
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by ttty2t1j3 »

That is awesome, hard not to laugh out loud in a library.

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

Re: The state of British politics

#4 Unread post by Hondagirl »

very smart :clapping:
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400