Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Burglars snort cremated man’s ashes

#1 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Burglars snort cremated man’s ashes
By JANE SUTTON, Reuters
January 19, 2011 2:38pm

MIAMI - Burglars snorted the cremated remains of a man and two dogs in the mistaken belief that they had stolen illegal drugs, Florida sheriff’s deputies said Wednesday.

:wtf:

The ashes were taken from a woman’s home in the central Florida town of Silver Springs Shores on Dec. 15. The thieves took an urn containing the ashes of her father and another container with the ashes of her two Great Danes, along with electronic equipment and jewelry, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said.

Investigators learned what happened to the ashes after they arrested five teens in connection with another burglary attempt at a nearby home last week.

“The suspects mistook the ashes for either cocaine or rx. It was soon discovered that the suspects snorted some of the ashes believing they were snorting cocaine,” the sheriff’s report said.

:lolsign:

Once they realized their error, the suspects discussed returning the remaining ashes but threw them in a lake instead because they thought their fingerprints were on the containers, sheriff’s spokesman Judge Cochran said.

:humm:

Police divers were trying to recover the ashes. The suspects were jailed on numerous burglary and other charges.

--------------------------------------------------
:clapping: That just made my day!
Andrea :sun:

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Burglars snort cremated man’s ashes

#2 Unread post by sunshine229 »

OMG I am still laughing about this one... I told the guys at work about it and they all agree they've never heard a funnier news story. So what... you guys don't have anything to say about it? I'm surprised!
Andrea :sun:

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Re: Burglars snort cremated man’s ashes

#3 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

That is pretty hilarious...

it reminded me of this bit from today's local newspaper...

read the "Thieves warned" bit...

only in Canada would the police care enough to "help" thieves...
Attachments
News_THIEVES_WARNED_Mar1-2011.jpg
News_THIEVES_WARNED_Mar1-2011.jpg (39.4 KiB) Viewed 7386 times
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)