Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: Weird Connections Game

#11 Unread post by mogster »

:party:

I used to live in a stunning rural area (only 30miles away) & my daughters did all their schooling there.

At age 3 their playgroup was holding a Christmas party. Knowing that we had a friend visiting I arranged & paid for her little daughter to attend too.

I omitted to mention to the small minded organising mothers that my friend was part Jamaican (the non white part). Imagine my disgust when they were visibly shocked at the sight of this adorable little coloured girl turning up!

It was not actually spoken out loud but their prejudice took the form of "not enough chairs / jelly / balloons etc. My girls couldn't understand why no one seemed to like their friend. :crybaby:

So beautiful scenery & multiculturalism don't always go together over here either.
MOG

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

sunshine229
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by sunshine229 »

MOG - sad story... :(

And now for something completely different!

During our first Christmas here in England (we'd only been here for 2+ months) we attended my company's party. They had hired a photographer for the evening, but this was not any Christmas party photographer.

The photographer asked you to pick out a photo ahead of time from an album of real photos, everything from superstars to royalty to Mona Lisa. Then the photographer would superimpose your face onto the photo and print you a copy on the spot.

So now you're wondering what photo we went with? Ha! It was a shot of Robbie Williams facing his backside to the camera and turning his head around to the back standing beside a super model in a super skimpy bikini. Right, did I mention Robbie was naked?

Imagine how gorgeous Mike & I looked in those bodies!!!

:laughing:

Andrea :sun:

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#13 Unread post by dr_bar »

sunshine229 wrote:Imagine how gorgeous Mike & I looked in those bodies!!!
:needpics:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#14 Unread post by jaskc78 »

So one year on summer vacation (it was like a 3-month party growing up), my oldest brother Mike and my younger brother Rob were wrestling around and it ended up that Mike basically tossed/pushed/threw Rob and Rob wound up running headfirst into one of the legs of the chair I was sitting in. The neighbor at the time was a paramedic and she was in the ambulance that got called to respond. No concussion, but ended up getting a few stitches in his head, I got to go to the ER with Rob and my Mom and actually watch them put the stitches in--Rob was awake for it, too, so I got to give him a play-by-play. Kinda ticked off my Mom because she didn't even want to watch but wound up hearing every detail because Rob wanted to know what they were doing to his forehead.

Connections: Brothers, Mike, Neighbors.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#15 Unread post by Hondagirl »

okay ......Neighbors connection :light: (sorry no brothers this time :writer: )

So one night ...back in the days I was married .....we woke in the middle of the night to the sound of a window being smashed open in our kitchen :shock: Someone was trying to break in!

Hubby and me crept out of bed bravely ..(actually I hid)...he stood in the dark kitchen with (I think....) a saucepan or something equally dangerous.

The window opened.............a hand reached in........a face peered in...a leg started to mount..........

AAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH.... screamed hubby. AAAAAAAAAAAARGHH screamed the burglar.

:confused2: It was our neighbor!!!!!!!!! Totally drunk out of his head he had mistaken our apartment (lookalike complex) for his own!! Of course the keys didn't work... :doh1:

it was pretty scary though at the time!! :laughing:
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#16 Unread post by mogster »

Connection.....climbing through windows

Some years ago we were living in a huge old house in Somerset. My husband (ex) occasionally would sleep walk. (One of my twin daughters did too as a youngster).

So this particular night I was woken by strange noises. I put on the light to see husband trying to climb out of window! Obviously I know you are not supposed to startle someone when they are in a sleepwalking trance, but this was rather urgent!

I shouted" wtf are you doing" to which he calmly replied "I'm going to the toilet".
:toiletpaper:

Luckily he was a big guy at 6'3" & it was a small window or he would have gone splat!

Later when the marriage ended badly I sometimes wished I had't stopped him!
:devil2: :wink:
MOG

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land