cannot take the seat off my Spada vt250

jasinoz
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

cannot take the seat off my Spada vt250

#1 Unread post by jasinoz »

I feel a bit stupid here but I cannot take the seat off my Spada vt250

I was trying to see what battery it needs (which is under the seat). I know nothing about bikes and am relitively new to all this but come on, it's a seat!!

There are no latches or anything it just looks like it 'clicks' off (I've actually managed to get the front bit praised up a bit but the back part is stuck like glue.

Any ideas folks?

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

Does it use the ignition key to unlock the cable?

jasinoz
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by jasinoz »

There's no lock (that I can see), tried it with the key in the ignition, tried the helmet lock but no other function than locking the helmet exist there

I have the two bolts at the back of the saddle but I know this seats comes off as I have seen a mechanic do it, it sort of clicks into place (next time I'll watch very closely)

I'll keep trying. Thanks for the response

Anyone got a manual!!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

:oops: funny thing...I use to have a .pdf manual but I removed it from the drive after I finally got ahold of a VTR250 manual

check the big manual thread at kiwibiker (google for addy). There may be a link in there.

jasinoz
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by jasinoz »

Hey shorts

I found a response from another group. Someone sent a picture from a manual and there is indeed a latch behind the helmet lock that you push down. The seat came off real easy!

Now to try and change the battery!

Thanks for your help!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Shorts »

Glad you got it squared away. Post up some pics when you get a chance. They are good bikes.

8)

jasinoz
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by jasinoz »

you wouldn't say that if you saw my bike! :)

Blackduck
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: Spada

Re: cannot take the seat off my Spada vt250

#8 Unread post by Blackduck »

Here is a, picture of the latch used to take off the seat and access the battery with the Spada :kicking:
Don't forget to first open the helmet lock and then pull the latch down

Ps: @webmaster :you might wanna increase the allowed picture size, had to change resolution of phone, and then use an online resize service to make the pix small enough lol

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: cannot take the seat off my Spada vt250

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Blackduck wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:03 pm Here is a, picture of the latch used to take off the seat and access the battery with the Spada :kicking:
Don't forget to first open the helmet lock and then pull the latch down

Ps: @webmaster :you might wanna increase the allowed picture size, had to change resolution of phone, and then use an online resize service to make the pix small enough lol
Hi Blackduck,

Thank you for the feedback, let me look into increasing the allowed picture size. (checked).

Ok, I had a maximum size of 200KB for an image and a total of 300MB for all images. I have increased that now to 300KB and 1GB. A 300KB image should be fine for images 2000 pixels wide or less, it is what I use myself when posting the new models on TMW. There will be images with complex backgrounds that are over 300KB for sure, but I don't have unlimited bandwidth nor hosting drive space so I have to conserve somewhat. I can get unlimited but that takes donations and I haven't got many this year. :(

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.