Boulevard C50 - need a manual, any suggestions?

femaleeyes
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Boulevard C50 - need a manual, any suggestions?

#1 Unread post by femaleeyes »

I'm new to the club and therefore new to bike maintenance. I want to do all needed upkeep on my new 06 Boulevard C50 myself. Can any one tell me which manual(s) are most user friendly. Thanks for the any help. :anyone: :anyone:

tropicalhotdog
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#2 Unread post by tropicalhotdog »

Hey femaleeyes - welcome! I have the Clymers manual (www.TheMotorBookstore.com) and also just ordered the Service Manual from OneidaSuzuki.com (who are total tools, but are the only ones I could find who carry the service manual). I ride a 2007 C50.

The Clymers is not that friendly for mechanitards like me, and I haven't yet received the Suzuki service manual, but what I can suggest is using the Volusia forum - http://www.volusiariders.com/index.php. Like this forum, everyone is extremely helpful with any questions you might have, but it focuses just on Volusia/Boulevard issues. They've talked me off the ledge a couple of times already. One of the members also posted a pretty voluminous series of maintenance instructions along with close-up photos of each process being done. Look for the "Rusks." I think he's taking them down soon becasue of bandwidth issues, but if you PM me with an email address, I'll send them to you since I downloaded the whole lot if you can't find them.
2007 Suzuki C50T
2006 Vespa LX150
2000 Honda Rebel

femaleeyes
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by femaleeyes »

Hey Tropicalhotdog - Thanks for the welcome.
I was thinking about Clymers. I don't know if I'm a mechanitard or not ... guess I will find out soon enough :shock:. I really need something that is in english...if you know what I mean. I'm pretty handy with power tools so I should be able to do this.
I will definitely check out the other info you gave me also.

It's my first bike....you gotta love it (:kicking: WOOHOO!). I get a ton of compliments on it. How bout you?

Thanks so much for your help.