Having Warranty Work Done

TrueFaith
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Having Warranty Work Done

#1 Unread post by TrueFaith »

What do most of you do when your new bike has to be brought in for warranty service as far as getting back home? My dealership is 15 miles away and there are no taxis in this area. I was considering buying a small truck or a trailer that I could throw the bike on, but even a Tacoma or Frontier gets crappy mileage in this day of $3+ a gallon gas. (I drive a Corolla now so forget about adding a trailer to that.) I was considering buying another Corolla this year and I'd hate to sacrifice 35mpg just to get my bike to the dealer and back. I'm totally new to this area of the state and most of my friends live over an hour away, so I can't really depend on one of them. What's the best thing to do in a case like this? Rent a van at the local car dealership? Make new friends? I followed my job out to this area and a 30-mile round trip is a lot to ask a co-worker or casual aquaintence. Kind of a weird question, I know, but it's been on my mind since buying the bike.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Sev »

It's possible that if you schedule it right you could get the work done while you wait.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by mgdavis »

Your dealer might offer a courtesy shuttle for customers.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#4 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

the toyota corolla is rated to have a 1500 lbs trailer. I had a '93 corolla that i hauled even more than that. buy a 4foot x 8 foot trailer put it behind the corolla and you can haul any motorcycle you want all the way up to a fully dressed out goldwing.
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check

TrueFaith
Veteran
Veteran

#5 Unread post by TrueFaith »

Tennif:
Really?! Wow, I had no idea I could hook a small trailer to a Corolla. Never seen a small car like that towing a trailer. That would solve ALL my problems. I'm definately going to research that option. I hope that applies to a Corolla with 5-speed manual shift (though I don't know why it wouldn't) 'Course a trailer hitch on a Corolla "S" might look a little odd, but I could always get a nice Kawi hitch cover, LOL. Thanks for the info.