Suzuki Boulevard C90

maxoverdrive
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Suzuki Boulevard C90

#1 Unread post by maxoverdrive »

I have a 2008 boulevard C90. I'm trying to do my own maintenance by following the owners manual. When it comes to the greasing I can't seem to find some of the grease points pointed out in the owner's manual. So i'm wondering if I should get the suzuki service manual to help me out or would a clymer's manual work? The clymer's manual only goes up to the 2007 year so as far as i know the boulevard hasn't changed much so would it still work or should i better off to wait till an 2008 manual comes out?

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by coffee_brake »

These grease points would likely be things like the swingarm pivot and the neck and wheel bearings?

Doesn't seem like you would need to mess with that on a '08 unless you've already racked up a tone of miles, or unless it's been sitting in the weather....

And yes, I have found that the Clymer's manuals are more direct and user-friendly for the home mechanic than the manufacturer shop manuals. I always check the Clymers first, especially for maintenance stuff.
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

maxoverdrive
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by maxoverdrive »

It's more for the ones like Gearshift link pivots and some of the other points that are recommended to be greased or oiled after a long hard ride or if it gets wet

Thanks

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by coffee_brake »

OK yeah that kind of stuff is very straightforward; it's basically a matter of getting to the part and lubing it up. If you're not comfortable disassembling it, then the Clymers will clear up any confusion for you.

Lube away, it will make cables and levers, etc. last longer!
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

maxoverdrive
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by maxoverdrive »

ok thanks very much