Handlebars - apes vice glive bars

tjvaughn
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

Handlebars - apes vice glive bars

#1 Unread post by tjvaughn »

so i have superglide handlebars on my dyna conv right now wiht a 2" inch rise. they are a little to far forward and low for my tastes, i picked up some 4" pullback risers on the cheap off craigslist and am going to install them but i think long term i want to switch to mini apes, something that will bring the bars up and back a bit so that its a more comfortable cruise.

i have been thinking that 10" mini apes would be the way to go. any of your folks have suggestions? also what kind of work will i be looking at in changing cables around?(i have the stock cables that were on the buckhorns which should be long enough for 10" apes)
2000 Dyna Convertible

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Handlebars - apes vice glive bars

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

You'll probably have to end up going with all new cables. The ones that came with the bike are usually just long enough to fit but not much more. You'll be looking at a new front brake line, new throttle cable, you might be able to get away with the clutch cable, they're usually extra length, but also check your wiring to see if that's long enough, because otherwise you'll have to splice in some extra length...
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha