Kallullff
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2015 Yamaha R3

Exhaust question

#1 Unread post by Kallullff »

New to the forums and to the motorcycle world, so far its been a great experience and i love my R3
My question is what exhaust will get the best sound out of the R3 I am not interested on perfomance gains for that i will just buy a bigger bike when o have enough skills
From your experience and what you guys have or heard in person what brand do you guys believe gets the best sound out of the R3 ?

Thanks a lot

brajon
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: Honda

Re: Exhaust question

#2 Unread post by brajon »

Akrapovic and Toce are some good exhausts.

Thicas
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: Yamaha 2019 FJR1300A

#3 Unread post by Thicas »

I would have to agree, Akrapovic is a solid choice esp if you're newer to all this. But I personally really enjoy the full system that Vance and Hines makes. It's efficient and also incredibly durable. Haven't had any issues with it. Akra or Yosh are solid choices too if you want to check em out. Something to keep in mind is your sound tolerance. Toce exhaust systems can be loud.. sounds great but loud. Ear plugs should always be used (regardless of which exhaust you choose), but if you have sensitive neighbors that's something to keep in mind too. I keep my bike in my garage and sound proofed that baby. But anyhow, hope it works out for you man.
Last edited by Thicas on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

CorwinRT
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2008 CBR650

#4 Unread post by CorwinRT »

You can't go wrong with Akrapovic. My buddy installed the GP Slip-on on his 2017 R3 last week and lovin' the deep drone sound. We're just finishing the installation of the headache rack and on the truck and we're off for a 3-day trip next week.