Shes alive! Sound clip! And a few Honda CB500T Idle question

Meet The Twins
Rookie
Rookie

Shes alive! Sound clip! And a few Honda CB500T Idle question

#1 Unread post by Meet The Twins »

After buying a coil from the junkyard for $7 and staring at it I noticed something. My coil was wired backwards. The PO had tried to clean the bullet connects but had connected them back together completely wrong. All I had to do was connect yellow to yellow and blue to blue and I had spark on both cylinders.

I attempted to set the points. After trying and trying to get the points cover off I remembered someone on here saying they used a blow torcha nd held it over the screw for a few seconds. Guess what, it work! When I ahd the cover off I saw that all 4 of the screws that adjusted the points were stripped out. I simply checked tham and they weren't too bad (.020) then I sanded/ primed/ painted teh cover and bought some allen heads to put the cover back on for easy access later.

After about 5 kicks she roared to life. Literally. my pipes are cut off at the pedels and man did they scare me.

As you can hear I have a crazy idle. That clip is just idle. It sounds normal then it speeds up/ slows down. Any tuning tips? I played with the adjuster screws but it didnt seem to make a difference.

I also have a nice long carbon streak on my garage floor from the right cylinder. It also is giving small puffs of white smoke when I do give it alittle gas but only on decel. I checked the spark and its getting a weak spark. Im guessing a points adj. will do the trick. What do you think?

I adjusted the choke so she fires up on the first kick, now the idle is the only problem.

http://media.putfile.com/CB500T-Exhaust ... -start-up-

Theres no way I could have come this far without you guys! Thanks a ton! I owe you!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

s you can hear I have a crazy idle. That clip is just idle. It sounds normal then it speeds up/ slows down. Any tuning tips? I played with the adjuster screws but it didnt seem to make a difference.

heh, I was wondering when you were going to stop twitchin' on the throttle lol

Sounds a nice note. I can't offer much advice on where to fiddle with next to smooth it out. But it reminds me of the way our old lawnmowers use to have erratic idle :mrgreen:

dragsta
Rookie
Rookie

CB500T

#3 Unread post by dragsta »

hey: can you please upload a pic of the backside of your CB500T, wiring harness? the previous owner screwed mine up and i don't know which wires go where. here's mine: