2007 Roadstar Silverado engine problem -3K miles

biddman
Rookie
Rookie

2007 Roadstar Silverado engine problem -3K miles

#1 Unread post by biddman »

I hear a loud clatter that seems like its coming from the heads at mid-range rpm. The dealer tells me its normal????

aw58
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1997 kawasaki vn1500 d2 classic

#2 Unread post by aw58 »

Try posting this on Maintenance.

Is the dealer the dealer who sold you Silverado.?

If yes - do you have another dealer near?

Other than that Welcome.

ADe
If you can see the tops of the mountain's it's going to rain.
If you can't - it's raining.
All Characters and events here are allegedly fictitious...Any resemblance with either dead or living is purely co-incidental
And don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly

biddman
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by biddman »

I have taken it back twice to the dealer where I purchased it new in May and they keep blowing me off with the "its normal" excuse. I asked them to ride it themselves each time and they told me it wasnt necessary. They just revved it a couple times and said its fine. There answer was to keep riding it, and if it blows up its under warranty. Not a very comforting answer. I took it to another dealer that seemed much more concerned. Ther service manager actually took it for a 20 minute ride. He called Yamaha and registered a service ticket. They advised that there has been alot of confusion re: oil level and the correct checking procedure. I found a demonstration video on the Yamaha website. Seems crazy to me. Ride 15 minutes minimum. Let idle 30 secs. Remove seat. Level bike. Remove dipstick & clean. insert - BUT DO NOT screw in. Level is full at halfway. They provided me with a bottle of Yamaha fuel additive to free sticking valves. I never thought I would ever need an assistant to check the oil in my motorcycle

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Welcome to the TMW community.

Try going here. http://forums.delphiforums.com/1602/start

They may have some answers to your questions. It's free to register for the Delphi forums.

I hate strange noises when I know there shouldn't be any noises.

Scarlett
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: FX15

Re: 2007 Roadstar Silverado engine problem -3K miles

#5 Unread post by Scarlett »

You shouldn't have any trouble stopping the bike with just the front. You ought to rebuild all three calipers if the rear is sticking and the fronts aren't working well.
Cut down your exam C_TFIN52_66 dumps by using our latest wikipedia and high quality University of Toronto and testking IFPUG We provide updated SAP

Johnj
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#6 Unread post by Johnj »

Grave digger;
One who finds out dated threads that are unlocked therefore still live and adds post(s) to them often deceiving other forum members into thinking the content is current.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Johnj wrote:Grave digger;
One who finds out dated threads that are unlocked therefore still live and adds post(s) to them often deceiving other forum members into thinking the content is current.
Not just a grace digger...but a complete change of subject.