kyledc
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Re: Starts fine, idles high, then dies

#11 Unread post by kyledc »

Without the washer/o-ring, the mixture would be too lean at 2.5 turns because the needle would reach further into the port, right? If I'm running rich, then I assume gas is leaking because of no o-ring. Anyone know where I can get 'em cheap?

coffee_brake
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#12 Unread post by coffee_brake »

The best I can see is to look up the part numbers for those o-rings and washers on a site like Kawasaki.com --> owners info --> parts diagrams.

Copy/paste that number into ebay or tell it to your local dealership, get a new set.

I found the 90-degree screwdriver for a better price on Ebay but I do not think you need it to get your Ninja running. It's for fine-tuning, if you turn the screws out the right amount according the manual you should be running. That fancy screwdriver is for fine-tuning, not running.

IMO your floats are too low. The bike has enough fuel to run for a minute or so then starves to death. I think the floats are not allowing enough fuel to get into the float bowls.
Jenn S.
AMA #658162
2005 Concours
2001 Vmax
1992 CB750

JGrimes
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Kz 1000

#13 Unread post by JGrimes »

Dud u ever find the problem I am currently in the same exact predicament!

Broke-down-buel
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2000 buell m2 cyclone 1203 cc

#14 Unread post by Broke-down-buel »

Ok so I have a 2000 buell m2 cyclone that's got me on the verge of trading it for a kids tricycle lmao but seriously it starts and runs good for 10 seconds but will get to revving up by its self to close to 4000 rpms then shuts down please help I've tried everything and as of now it's the only ride I've got