Bike only runs on choke (Yamaha V-Star 650)

Laki
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2007 V-Star 650, 2006 V-Star 1100

Re: Bike only runs on choke (Yamaha V-Star 650)

#11 Unread post by Laki »

Just wanted to ask again whether anyone had any idea where I might be able to pick up this specific part, as I'd like to avoid having to buy a whole new carb if possible.

Huskey4648
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Yamaha v star 1100

#12 Unread post by Huskey4648 »

That's called a carburetor shut off solenoid it shuts off the gas so your carburetor don't flood they run anywhere from 165 to 250 but there's a way around that if the wire just broke off from the solenoid part you can cut back that rubber on top of that solenoid and solder your wire back on there

CorwinRT
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2008 CBR650

#13 Unread post by CorwinRT »

BRUMBEAR wrote: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:29 pm you got protien sludge in your carb/carbs most probably I would try to pull the bowl drain while its out blow some brake parts cleaner up in there, restart and use some sea foam spray with your air filter off try to clean up the high speed jets or else pull the carb and clean it sorry.
My younger brother recently acquired this V-Star 650 and is having the same issue. He got it for an old guy who said it has been sitting for a year. We'll work on it this weekend after finish installing the shocks and on the TRX. We'll check and clean the carb first.