blooddumpster
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: suzuki gz250

NEED IMMEDIATE HELP GZ250 WONT START

#1 Unread post by blooddumpster »

looking for help with my 2007 gz250. so here goes, the bike wont start with the starter button, absolutely no sound coming from it. all lights and everything else works. I can start and ride it if I put the side stand up, hold the clutch in, and the spark the starter relay with a cable.
i know that it isnt the starter relay because i stupidly bought one thinking i had it solved, so im trying not to throw money at it cause things are hard all over.
Question: am i bypassing the all of the switches by connecting the poles on the starter relay?

GS_in_CO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: 1988 BMW R100GS

Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP GZ250 WONT START

#2 Unread post by GS_in_CO »

blooddumpster wrote: Question: am i bypassing the all of the switches by connecting the poles on the starter relay?
Probably yes.

I'd work on trying to find where the wires from the starter button go.
A wiring diagram might be the only way to really figure it out.
Starter relay was a good guess. You might be able to figure out wiring from the starter relay socket - or not.

An alternate route would be to disassemble the hand controls to get at the starter button guts. Chances are good that the contacts are tarnished or corroded so they don't pass current. But this has the risk of something getting disassembled that can't be put back.
Ron

Current: 1988 BMW R100GS (the 'numberplate' model)

Past: 1987 Yamaha XT350
1983 Honda CB900F
1980 Honda XL185S
1979 Suzuki GS425E

skilzox
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 1992 yamaha rs

Re: NEED IMMEDIATE HELP GZ250 WONT START

#3 Unread post by skilzox »

My bike hasnt been utilized since late July. Its solitary mid october now and I am taking it out just because. The air in the tires held consummately, the visable state of the bicycle is similarly as it was the point at which I shut the entryway in July, theres despite everything gas in the tank when I left it. The bicycle just has 6 miles on it. I will begin it with the gag on full way, and leave it for around 5 minutes. I attempt to take the interfere with and it bites the dust. I put the stifle on most of the way for around 10 minutes. Still no dice. I attempted again yet didnt work. Is it conceivable that my bicycle may require the gag on for an entire 15 - 20 minutes for being begun without precedent for a couple of months? I have a Suzuki GZ250. I just got it and im apprehensive somthings turned out badly? This is my first bicycle. The seller made me so fearfull of utilizing the stifle that I am hessistant to put it on for all the more then 15 minutues.