Weird clunking sound when coasting in gear.

Riandan
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2016/Yamaha/Yzf R125

Weird clunking sound when coasting in gear.

#1 Unread post by Riandan »

Hi Guys or Gals,

Needed some advice so i thought i might try this out :D

Sooo, i am currently riding a Yamaha YZF r125 which i bought new about 2 years ago for my first bike. At this moment in time I am having a problem which is that over the last few weeks I have noticed that the clutch lever has got further and further out (at this current time, it is very close to the clutches starting position before being pulled). From this, a couple of days ago on a ride home from work i heard a recurring clunk from my bike while slowing down in gear when coming to a light. This stopped for the rest of the ride but over the last few days it has started to get worse to the point of it making this recurring clunk sound every time I coast in gear. The noise seems to subside when i pull my clutch fully in and just free wheel.

After all this the bike still accelerates and pulls of completely fine and there doesn't seem to be any other problem at all. But today when on my way home from the gym when i was coasting in gear towards a set of traffic lights it felt like the clutch or something was slipping every few strokes of the engine.

From this ive decided to stop using my bike for the time being. Also the clunking sound does not happen when accelerating.

Any help with this would be a huge help and very much appreciated, Thankyou. :)