Avaritzi
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1992 Kawasaki Zephyr

Kawasaki Zephyr running on 1 of 4 cylinders

#1 Unread post by Avaritzi »

Hi,

I have a 1992 Kawasaki Zephyr 750C which have been giving me nothing but trouble. Almost always been in the workshop or my garage since I bought it.. Had to wait a week or two to get the parts I needed to change front and rear sprockets, and after I did that it would not run properly. Drove a couple of hundred meters and it stalled out, would not idle properly or let me take off.

Got it to idle in my garage, and noticed that some of the cylinders were colder. When it idled, I started by removing the spark plug connection to the sylinders (made no difference) and confirmed that it was only one cylinder running. Checked with a different plug to see if there was any spark, and it was. So ignition should be OK.

Flow from the gastank through the main hose to the carborateurs was also OK.

Not quite sure what could be wrong, but I was thinking that there might be water in the tank / carborateurs. Any ideas?

Update:

Drained the carborateurs from underneath, and only one of four carborateurs had any gas in them. With some gentle tapping on the carborateur it started to get gas again, so probably the floating valve that is stuck. It's odd that that happened to three carborateurs at the same time though :?

So currently two out of 4 cylinders are running OK. Guess I'll still have to take the carborateurs apart and clean them, problem is I don't really know how :|

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Re: Kawasaki Zephyr running on 1 of 4 cylinders

#2 Unread post by pchast »

The best thing would be to get a book on that motorcycle.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L