Dad0507
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 98 bandit s1200

Clutch drag

#1 Unread post by Dad0507 »

I have a 98 Suzuki Bandit S1200. Bad "O Ring" bike. I replaced the clutch and now when it's running I cannot shift into neutral. It will only shift from first to second or second to first. If the bike is not running you can get neutral no problem. I also replaced the slave cylinder and master cylinder. Any ideas would be super helpful! And yes it has been bleed. No air in the lines.

KayBur
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: JAWA 350 OHC Prima

Re: Clutch drag

#2 Unread post by KayBur »

Are you sure you put all the parts correctly? It's just that if there were problems with the clutch actuation, you would not be able to switch the speed, and not only put it in neutral.

Dad0507
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 98 bandit s1200

#3 Unread post by Dad0507 »

I'm pretty positive they are in correctly. I have the original repair manual that I followed step by step. I also did it a second time thinking I had possibly put a spring on incorrectly. All appears to be installed per manufacturer specs.

CorwinRT
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2008 CBR650

#4 Unread post by CorwinRT »

I would re-do it. Happened to my buddy's Gixxer bike when he replaced the o-ring. I gave him a hand re-assembling the bike after we finished installing the brake kit and tires on his truck. It turns out a couple of parts were not fitted properly. Better to have another pair of eyes to ensure you do it right.